DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bed liner roof

So i'm thinking of using a bedliner to redo my rubber roof. there is a lot of info but all in different places. Here are the options I have:Rhino Lines and LineX: Both good options, but over $4K, so no-noHerculiner: Used by several people. Good re...

map40 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Top ten RV improvements

I love to tinker and improve, so I got to thinking about a list of which changes were best. I'm not talking about replacing tires, batteries, or any other repairs or maintenance. Just improvements and how useful they have been to me. This is my to...

Replacing 1156 bulbs with 6x8 LED panels

I recently decided to replace all the 1156 bulbs in my camper with LED lighting.I looked at the barrel type but settled on these 6x8 panels mostly due to price.These are 6000K and provide a bright white light.. other 'colors' are available.I purchase...

Bump stops for under slung conversion

On my prior trailer I took some 4*6 blocks, drilled out where the bolts nuts go and strapped them to the tops of the spring packs to limit the spring inflection/inversion...I'd like to go with one thing like the stuff from energy suspension this time...

Securing the Underbelly

Just returned from the beach and found one of the sections of the underbelly cover dangling...Chatted with our RV repair shop and wondered how you may have re-secured your underbelly if you found it un-secured.Thank you. West Beachhouse

Little deck off the rear..

I wanted a small platform off the back of our camper.. Some place tocarry the generator and a storage container with gas cans etc..Something that could double as a place to stand as well..(We back up to the fence at Thompson Speedway in CT and 4 of u...

Honda generator

I have a Rockwood travel trailer, is it possible to mount a generator on the rear bumper? The RV is 34 ft.

tlnibert by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Timbren SES installed

Installed a set of rear Timbren SES (Suspension Enhancement System). I went with the units that are supposed to be for slide-in campers and salt spreaders, part #FRTT350F. I already have upper StableLoads. After reading around, some seem to like the ...

Roof Water Diversion

I have an older 5th wheel that has a multi-pitched roof. Does anyone have any idea of what to do in the area shown in picture so that the water does not come straight down the window, but stills lets the water run off. Thanks!Moderator edit to re-s...

Suspension options/opinions / sizing issues

I did the under slung conversion, ez-flex mods on my prior travel trailer and it went well. On my Jayco, it's not as easy...I've got the D52 axles, 33" wheelbase, 29.5" spacing between the hangers (all match dexter specs in their literature). But t...

LED floods on TT bumper

Before I left for Alaska, I installed a pair of 30 watt (2500 lm) LED off-road flood lights on the bumper of my little trailer, wired to a key-fob switch I picked up on ebay. These lights were never used that entire trip.Back in my home state of Mich...

Jordan Ultima and Carlisle Actuator

Jordan's not listed on Carlisle's compatibility list. Mine's still running fine after all these years ... 12+). I have always loved it and would love to keep it when i make the swap to disks.Anyone know if it'll work or not (with or without their ...

New awning LED's

Yesterdays project install awning LED's. I was lucky in that I had a 2nd porch light at the back of the awing that I could hook LED's into.[img][/img]