DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

wiring options for second ac

Well how did you wire in your second ac? my thoughts are either wire it back to the 30 amp panel or run a second, 20amp line out. Since most power b pedestals have 30 and 20 amp connections and I occasionally pop my 30 amp breaker without a second ac...

shutdown by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed from Gold Accents to Hammered Chestnut

All the gold pulls and accents in this 15 year old motorhome were looking out of date. We tried to go down and find handles/pulls to replace. But, due to the size of the holes, couldn't find any at Home Depot/Lowes. So, we decided to spray paint t...

vickilea by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide Awning

I need to replace the upper gasket on my bedroom slide and I need to take off the Awning on the slide to get to the gasket. How do you take the roller off so it doesn't retract and I can get to the molding screws that are under the awning?

Pungo1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing cabinet door panels from wood to Smoked Glass

The conversion of our old {1989} 13" CRT TV over the dash to a 24", 720P flat panel and from VCR to BluRay took place over several months. The old sets were very small screen and used a lot of battery, so I changed them to 19" flat panel sets. The ...

VSD Pump vs. Pressure Tank

I posted this on another forum but though I would try here as well I'm sure this has been discussed in the past.....but I couldn't find it.I want to upgrade my water system.There are a number of VSD pumps available that provide excellent volume and p...

pd charge wizard question

We live in our mh and when plugged into shore power should the charge wizard be in "normal mode" or "storage mode" ? Shouldn't the mh be draining the batteries just a little while parked and plugged in shore power? My start battery is 1 year old and...

etrippe by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing cabinet door for Dish Receiver

We installed our new flat screen TV but had a problem with the compartment the receiver and satellite finder are in. You have to have the cabinet door open, which we will hit our heads on or else with it open you can't open the cabinet to the right....

vickilea by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

LED lights

what is a good source for LED bulbs- I have the 1141 bases in the ceiling mounted fixtures. what would be the best replacement- a flat LED or a round one? thanks Steve

rav by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Sourcing Slides and Netting

I recently purchased a 2008 Komfort 232 trailer and am in the process of modifying a few things to suit how we use an RV. A couple of items that i am trying to source. The factory had installed a pull out drawer under one of the dinnet seats. A great...

DJK555 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

To conduit... Or not to conduit...?

Ok, I'm piecing together my solar stuff. I have a combiner box and mc4 cable enroute, I actually have enough room in the fridge vent topper to place a sealed box in there... Panels to combiner box, combiner box to controller mounted in fridge area xt...

Electrical Locker Storage Area

The DS electrical panel storage area had very limited storage capacity due to the possibility of damaging the electronic panel. An easily removal back panel and shelf were added to protect the panel and add needed storage. No fasteners/tools are used...