DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Planar 8DM-12 Diesel Heater Installed

I recently installed a Planar diesel heater and did a review of the install along with a video of the heater running. I'm more than happy with the unit so far and can't believe how hot it gets. It will melt a plastic bag in front of a register where ...

Want ot replace the jack knife couch

I have a 2005 Komfort 28 foot 5th wheel. We have a free standing dining table and two chairs with a jack knife couch located in the slide. It is just the DW, dog and myself when traveling. We found that the couch is not comfortable and not a good b...

74vette by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing metal valve stems for TPMS

We have a new TPMS and bought metal valve stems. May be a dumb question, but I am wondering what the easier/better way is to remove the old rubber stems and install the new ones? Lift one wheel at a time at home and take a wheel at a time to a tire...

LED Lights Finished

Today I installed the last LED lights in my Trailer.I've changed them out, a few at a time.I used the Bright White in the passageway. (3 dbl.fixtures)The Soft White ones for all other fixtures.I started this project last Fall, but quit when cold weat...

Stoves & Ovens

It seems that most of the TT's we're looking at - in our price and weight range - only offer a 2-burner cooktop rather than the 3-burner range or oven. I'm guessing this is more of a cost consideration than weight, but in many of the smaller TT's an ...

Patio rug storage

Trying to gain space and keep often dirty/wet patio rug out of pass-through.Mounted 6 inch PVC pipe under trailer by fastening to frame.Painted Rustoleum Black for plastic to blend in with dark under rig.Cut pipe to 7 foot with cut-off wheel on side ...

Magnum MSH3012M Inverter Install

Hi guys, I am working on installing an inverter into my RV and was wondering what the proper way to hook up the AC power.My RV has 30 Amp service. It currently has a WFCO WF-8955PEC Power Center. This contains both my AC & DC circuits. My new inve...

ahamade by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Theoretical transmission upgrade P-30 454

I have a 1989 Mallard Sprinter with the Chevy P-30 set-up. 454 engine, etc. Runs like a champ and I love it.If I really got a wild hair and wanted to replace the transmission with an overdrive transmission, what model would bolt up to the engine? Of ...

truck bed box

I am thinking about adding a truck bed box to the front of the TT It would mean drilling into the frame again to secure it. Any issues anyone can think of. Its a light diamond plate type usually put on a small truck like an S-10 and measures about 60...

12rvjoe by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

bset upgrade so far

I bought a new Max Brake brake controller last year and never seemed to find the time to put it in. My Prodigy worked fine but I heard good things about the Max Brake and saw a T.V. show called trucks and they installed one on a truck and raved about...

jjj by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SiriusXM Vehicle Tuner antenna installation

I purchased a SiriusXM vehicle tuner for my Class A. I was able to connect the tuner to my in-dash radio with no problem, however, I am having a problem installing my antenna. They suggest mounting it on the roof and running the wire down the walls...

Installing laminate flooring

We recently pulled the old carpet out of our motorhome (not a job for the faint hearted as all the furniture had to be removed!) and are planning to install laminate flooring. Motor Home magazine had an article by someone who did this very thing but...

shaggs by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

New carpet and Linoleum

I have been spending some time upgrading the bounder this winter.just finsihed with kitchen floorI have also redone the bathroom and almost have it finished.I cut the vanity down in size to give a little more room for getting in and out of tubAnd the...

2Bargos by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

DIY air cooler

Maybe this has been posted here before, but was new to me. Would be great for dry camping without AC power or tent camping. I may make one just to use in the garage in the summer!Bucket air cooler