DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sewer line PVC supports

I use pvc gutter to run my sewer line in for support and I have seen a leg system made out of 1/2" pvc pipe to support the gutter. Any of you have a plan or a better idea for legs. I am tired of hauling around all the lumber that I have in the past...

Gasman by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a 3rd AC

As we tend to spend summers in the Desert due to work commitments, keeping cool has become a priority for us. I resealed the roof and gave it several coats of elastomeric, I have interior and exterior blinds for the windshield etc and have serviced t...

havasu by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Magnetic knife bar

Not sure this is the right forum. Has anyone put one of the magnetic knife bars on the wall of their RV? Seems like a great way to get rid of the knife block. I'm just wondering if you would leave them there while traveling or take the knives dow...

toilet handle as screen door opener

Hi all, a few years back someone came up with an idea to use a house toilet metal flush handle to open their screen door since the screen door opener lever was on the outside of the screen door when closed.Any help with finding the post would be grea...

dugarug1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Best acoustic material for gen set

I have room to add acoustical material around my Onan 3600 KY generator. The compartment and generator will accommodate 1/2" and 1" material, depending on location around the unit. Clearances and venting requirements per Onan installation manual will...

15 AMP to 30 AMP

Hello all, OK here is my plan, I have installed a 2500/5000 Peak Pure sine wave inverter. (it has 4 outlets, 2 different circuits) I would like to connect my shore power to the plugs for ease of distribution of electric. I am looking for a Y-Adapter ...

Cable Hatch for 50 amp plug with handle

I replaced the plug on my shore cord with a Camco plug with the handle. The stock cable hatch is 3 1/2", I need a hatch with 5 1/2" for the plug to go through. Camco doesn't make a hatch for the plug and I can't find one big enough online. Can som...

footz by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone build a sturdy portable camp cook table?

I need something more sturdy than anything I can buy. I'm sick of wobbly tables! It has to be sturdy to support my 3 burner cast iron stove, 18x24" griddle, and a small propane bbq. So at least 2 x 4'. Anyone have plans or pictures to share?

Bathroom sink bypass drain

DW just has'ta shampoo her hair everyday. She was filling up the waste tank, so modified the sink's P-trap with a valve that can divert waste water to tank or directly to the ground.

McZippie by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally added bunks to our 03 Phaeton

After a lot of procrastination, I finally added bunks to the rear closet of our 03 Phaeton. I still need to stain it, add curtains, add a light to the lower bunk and maybe find a way to mount their portable video players (actually mounting the video...

michelb by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove refrigerator cabinet from '70's TravelTrailer

Cabinet has a built up floor. Do I remove this built up floor first? I am making a guest house out of this 24' Ideal Travel Trailer. The fridge cabinet has to go. Is it only screwed in? Is the bottom screwed into the floor? Do I just use a sawsal...