DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

12-Volt LED Night Light

If you’re like me, getting up at night and stumbling to the bathroom in pitch dark then being blinded by the bathroom light is not enjoyable. I have been looking for some time for a 12-volt night light, preferably LED. I found just what I was looking...

LP hose #

Looking to connect my low pressure quick connect from my rig to my weber rvq 200 anyone know the hose number or parts?

Installation of a 5 channel amp

I'm posting this to help others in installing an amp. I installed a Rockford F 1000 watt rms 5 channel amp to drive external speakers and an internal or external sub. The amp is a class D which is 10% more efficient and less of a heat source. The ...

Replace Norcold with residential fridge

We have a one-year old Big Horn fiver with a Norcold 1210IM fridge which has been giving us cooling problems (still under warranty and dealing with Norcold not a pleasure). Am seriously considering replaceing it with a decent residential fridge. An...

Bath cabinet from recycled pallets

I was tired of the old medicine cabinet that seems to be in every RV.So I made my own out of wood from pallets, wainscoting and a piece of luan plywood I had lying around. My wife had made a picket fence for her garden out of the pallets last summer....

jamnw by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pocket Door

Has anyone added pocket doors to their fifth wheel? Either single or dual like on 'Star Trek'? We have two that swing into the bathroom and its sort of a pain. If so where did you buy the doors and how hard was it to re-frame the new door and disg...

Adding a Digital Volt Meter to show battery state of charge

Hi, I decided to add a digital volt meter to my motorhome to show the state of charge of the batteries - it will be handy when dry camping.Here is a table from the web site "The 12 Volt Side of Life" that shows voltage vs state of charge (a great web...

NetBoy by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

home made toy hauler help

hope some one on here can help me.have looked at toyhaulers and none made with 15 ft garage on em.my "toy" is 14ft.thinking of buying a new gooseneck deck over trailer and mounting a 5th wheel camper out over the neck and hauling the toy on rear of ...

bbqfreak by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Experience With Insulation?

I have recently bought a Ford E450 Box Truck which I will be converting into an RV. I have some work ahead of me! My first job will be to insulate, and I am thinking about using closed cell Polyurethane foam for the walls. For both cost and space ...

HanSolo by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with inverter wiring

I am installing an inverter in my 5th wheel. smallish one, 1200watts. basically only used to fire up the entertainment system on rainy days and coffee maker in the morning....I have it hooked up to the batteries via a 200A fuse, have a 12AWG SOW wire...

stef57 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone tried to add a sky light?

Our trailer could use some natural light inside. I would like to add another dome type sky light similar to the ones typically found in RV showers. If there's not enough room I would settle for a couple of extra vents. I would like to hear from so...