cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changed from Gold Accents to Hammered Chestnut

vickilea
Explorer
Explorer
All the gold pulls and accents in this 15 year old motorhome were looking out of date. We tried to go down and find handles/pulls to replace. But, due to the size of the holes, couldn't find any at Home Depot/Lowes. So, we decided to spray paint them with the new Hammered Spray Paint. Man, what a difference. We sprayed the handles, the room light fixtures, the bathroom vanity light and all the towel racks, etc. Anything that was gold is now Hammered Chestnut and we love it!!!

7 REPLIES 7

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great!
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

vickilea
Explorer
Explorer
Well the cans were a fiasco, but we persevered! You really need to spray it on thick rather than thin like most spray paints. We didn't catch that. So, we wasted about 2 cans experimenting and then the cans would stop spraying when they still seemed full. You had to shake and spray and it was irritating. We FINALLY got them all done, I had them on a card board box and was in the moho installing them when the box fell off on to the ground and they all hit each other and scraped the ground and scratched some paint off of every single one of them! So, back to the store for more paint and had to re-spray them all again. Then I decided to do the light fixtures, the towel racks, etc. Total was about 6 cans of spray paint - but I'm sure it COULD have been done with only 2! Live and learn!

Still love the look and if they scratch, just spray paint them again!

The hinges are pretty well hidden and are gold. We opted to just leave them as the only hinges you actually see are the ones above the bed in the bedroom. All others I'm so short that I can't see them so didn't seem worth it to me. Now, if I were 6' tall and really noticed them still not sure if I'd go thru all that hassle just to paint them. Our doors are so thick that you really can't see the hinges.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
Wow! That really looks great! I was wondering how the "hammered" spray paints turn out.

Don't know how long it will last but if one goes south, just spray it again!

Nice idea and nice work.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
How many cans did it take? We have a ceiling fan that is gold too with white blades. May think about painting the blades too...

Another thought...were your hinges on cabinet doors gold, too? Don't know if I'd ever convince DH to take all that down... ๐Ÿ˜ž
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Smart idea, great update without breaking the bank.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! That really looks great! I was wondering how the "hammered" spray paints turn out.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Great improvement! Hate that gold. Isnt it amazing how one little thing can make such a big difference. Enjoy!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us