cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic RM2620 Replacement

Jvand
Explorer
Explorer

I have an old 1991 Lance that has a Dometic RM3604 which I’ve struggled to refurbish for months now and I’m finally giving up, everything works except it refuses to re-light the flame after the fridge cycles off and then back on. 

Anyway, I’m finally entertaining the idea of replacing it. The only direct fit replacement I can figure out is a Dometic RM2620. But this model looks like it was discontinued a while back. Kind of a long shot, but does anyone know where I can find a RM2620?

the closest current Dometic replacement is a 2652 which is too wide for my fridge opening and would take some serious re-framing in my TC to accommodate. 

4 REPLIES 4

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Instead replacing the whole frig. why not just replace the cooling unit. I have replaced the cooling unit in my Norcold instead of trying to find a unit that would fit the space. Try JC Refrigeration for new cooling units.

https://jc-refrigeration.com/

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

if the fridge is cycling and working and then just not relighting it narrows down the issue failry decicently, somthing in the ignightor circut, the gas valve circut or the motherboard, I would lean towards the mother board since the other circuits get used for initial startup.  have you change the motherboard?

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

That’s the one part I haven’t messed with. I think I’d have to spend several hundred $ on an aftermarket dinosaur board and it just seems silly to drop that kind of money on a 35 year old fridge.

its under 200 bucks, US, a new fridge will be well over 1000 bucks.  plus you don't have to retrofit somthing that isn't the exact size.  if the rest of the fridge is working that good you might get another 10 years out of it, or you might not..  if you are not sure about how good the fridge works then thats a different story 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100