cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Sign

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and daughter surprised me with a homemade camping sign to hang on a solar lit pedestal.

Anyone else have a sign to show?

thanks,

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
11 REPLIES 11

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
To put out a sign or not, depends upon your personality and how private you want to be I suspect. We like to be friendly and so we do display a sign. Regardless of what you display or not, having a plan on how to respond to various types of encounters with strangers is a good idea. If someone that you do not know knocks on your door, caution should be given immediately to the situation. Just because they seemingly know who you are does not make them friendly.

Not to hi-jack the thread but, several good points to ponder have been brought up and made me think about situations that dictate various responses on my part. This discussion has allowed me to revisit the issues and to consider what type of response I may give to strangers who I encounter.

Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I fear putting out a sign, people might think I am friendly and it is an invitation for conversation! :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Bill but most Peaple hang out signs to be frendly welcoming and mostly outdoors, if you want to lock yourself op inside that is your right.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

coachjeff
Explorer
Explorer
here is ours.
Me, Wife, 4 kids and a dog
2016 Surveyor 265RLDS
2012 Chevy 3/4 Ton Suburban 4 wheel drive.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, I think your comment reminds everyone to be cautious while camping just as much as we are at our homes. Although it could happen, I think it's more likely people will steal your stuff that has been left unattended while you are away from your campsite than it is to have strangers knock on your door to rob you. Especially if you are in a busy campground.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just remember that if a stranger knocks on your door and says "You are the Reedy's aren't you?" They may use your sign to get you to open your door and rob you.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the post. DW and I are leaving on a big trip to Manitoba and Saskatchewan in July and we need to get our sign ready. It was a Christmas gift from BIL 10 years ago and we want to make a few modifications. This post was a reminder to get started on it.

Like your new sign.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I made our sign 2 years ago. The post is Douglas Fir 4X4's, and the base and signs are Ash. The top is an LED solar lamp. I used Water Slide Graphics (that's our camper touched up with a graphics program) and to keep it protected from the elements, I spray lacquered it. The signs come off the posts when traveling and reattached by sliding them over screws in the keyholes that are on the back of the signs.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We picked up this PVC lamp post with name plaque on a Gatlinburg trip...

Wired up for 120VAC from outside trailer plug...

Roy's Image

I have it mounted on a square frame on the bottom and always carry some rocks to lay around it then usually cover all with leaves including the 120V cord from the camping site...

It all breaks down to a stowable bundle for travel mode...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like it!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is cute... wife and daughter had a great idea