cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gasoline transfer tank for truck question

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking of installing a gasoline fuel transfer tank in the bed of my f250 gasser. The truck has a 25 gallon tank which leads to refueling stops about every 3 1/2 hours on long trips. Not interested in gravity feed in the filler tube even if its doable. i know the diesel tanks can be gravity fed. To also be able to use it to fill riding mower and atv at home i was thinking about a 40 to 45 gallon tank, 12 volt pump with hose and nozzle. Ive searched amazon and google and there are alot of options. Looking for real world experience from anyone using one. As always thank you for any ideas.
20 REPLIES 20

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
transferflow.com
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, the tractor supply website has nice ones... bit pricey but need weigh the cost vs convenience factor.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
You can get a DOT certified gas transfer tank.
Sure can. I was just checking them out last night in my Trailer Life mag, but at a $1300.00 price tag it wouldn't be practical for me and the shorter trips we take.

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a DOT certified gas transfer tank.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Maybe it varies by state, but at tractor supply here in Michigan has various capacity portable gasoline dispensers, on wheels, with a dispenser handle and electric pump.

I had considered one as well, instead of hauling jerry cans for my generators, etc.

You won't find anything that can be "installed", the federal DOT regs prohibit that for gas, but not for diesel.

yes, "installed" was not good wordage. "portable" is better.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it varies by state, but at tractor supply here in Michigan has various capacity portable gasoline dispensers, on wheels, with a dispenser handle and electric pump.

I had considered one as well, instead of hauling jerry cans for my generators, etc.

You won't find anything that can be "installed", the federal DOT regs prohibit that for gas, but not for diesel.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed