cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

homemade camper build

snapper388
Explorer
Explorer
I lost my popup during the flood in May and decided to build a small 10'camping trailer. so far I have tore down the popup down to the frame and framed up a front and back wall I will keep my progress posted and try to post pictures.
David
5 REPLIES 5

snapper388
Explorer
Explorer
I've already considered the weight the max weight capacity is 1770# when I finish it should be less than 1200#. it will have a bed, a small fold down table, roof mount ac and a door that locks. all storage will be in my van.
David

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
In all of the excitement of building your own camper please don't forget about what you're building it ON. A pop-up has only 1/3rd the walls of a TT, it also has far less cabinetry.

It would be VERY easy to convert a pop-up frame into. Grossly overloaded camper.

snapper388
Explorer
Explorer
yes I have looked on that forum, someone on this forum told me about it and I have found a lot of useful info there.
David

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers?? I would bet that there are things there that would interest you.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Cool. Keep us advised.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006