cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HomeMade fridge screen

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Too cheap to buy the outrageous priced commercial screening I made and installed some myself

The "slobber" tube for condensate/defrost goes through a 3/4 copper sweat union.
The next time I'm in town I'll replace that with a piece of PVC to make it invisible to the casual eye.

It's not very noticeable now

I used aluminum window screening held in place with two sided tape and overlapped with "Gorilla " duct tape.
What little loss of flow I get will be offset by two 120mm fans thermostat controlled.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin
21 REPLIES 21

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Furnace? Let's see if the OP agrees with that.

Yes that's the furnace with the silver mesh on the outside.
I used black screen wire on the inside of the fridge vent cover because you can't see black against that dark cavity
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

3_0charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same mod using the alu. mesh too with the Gorilla Tape - though it did not stuck long (one season), so I used hot glue instead before removing the tape. Much better.
John, DW and 4 kids.
2013 Kodiak 263RLSL
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure looks like a furnace exhaust to me. By the way, those "3 white things" are (L to R) Cable hookup, Fresh water tank fill, city water hookup.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Furnace? Let's see if the OP agrees with that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gingerK
Explorer
Explorer
Furnace exhaust

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's the mesh for on the outside, to the left of those 3 white things?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Nice and neat! But...the mesh looks pretty small from an airflow perspective.

Can't tell if that's a trick of the pic or what- if it's the same mesh as the one in the last pic on the rig's outside it should work great!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien