cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How we use our Andersen Rapid Jack

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There have been a lot of posts popping up about the Andersen Rapid Jack & Levelers, so I thought I'd post a video of how we use ours. I've seen quite a few issues with these jacks and heavier 5th wheels posted, but for us lighter travel trailer owners it works great. For those of you with heavier trailers you may want to look elsewhere for your jack needs.

Here's our video of the Rapid Jack in action

And our blog post with additional thoughts
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
SkiSmuggs wrote:
My issues with the Trail Aid Plus are the bolts on the bottom to help prevent sliding mess up concrete or asphalt driveways and create a place for water penetration followed by cracks from freezing. You have solved the problem with what looks like Hoss Pads underneath the Trailer Aid.
Also, I've had cases where it didn't provide enough lift and the pads resolve that also.

I always used the pads since my suspension had so much travel. But if I did not need the height of the blocks I would have just removed the bolts.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
RVcircus wrote:
There have been a lot of posts popping up about the Andersen Rapid Jack & Levelers, so I thought I'd post a video of how we use ours. I've seen quite a few issues with these jacks and heavier 5th wheels posted, but for us lighter travel trailer owners it works great. For those of you with heavier trailers you may want to look elsewhere for your jack needs.

Here's our video of the Rapid Jack in action

And our blog post with additional thoughts

Enjoyed the video and bloopers. I just got the Rapid Jack and don't remember a rubber pad in the box. Did you make that?
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
My issues with the Trail Aid Plus are the bolts on the bottom to help prevent sliding mess up concrete or asphalt driveways and create a place for water penetration followed by cracks from freezing. You have solved the problem with what looks like Hoss Pads underneath the Trailer Aid.
Also, I've had cases where it didn't provide enough lift and the pads resolve that also.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for checking it out!

From what I've read it's the levelers and chocks cracking with heavier units. The Rapid Jack is a similar design and wouldn't be surprised if it had similar issues, but I haven't seen any. Either way I'd be weary of using it with a heavy 5th wheel, but I haven't heard of any catastrophic failures with either product. I certainly wouldn't climb under any trailer propped up with a plastic jack of any sort and would always recommend jack stands if your exposing your body to being crushed.

Cummins12V98 wrote:
Good job on the video!

That is an accident waiting to happen!!! Those things are known to break.

IMHO this is a MUCH safer method to do the same thing. The MobileSuites weighed 19-20K. TrailerAid Plus $49. It has a saddle for the "GOOD" tire to sit in. I used it many times to do wheel maintenance.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good job on the video!

That is an accident waiting to happen!!! Those things are known to break.

IMHO this is a MUCH safer method to do the same thing. The MobileSuites weighed 19-20K. TrailerAid Plus $49. It has a saddle for the "GOOD" tire to sit in. I used it many times to do wheel maintenance.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't recommend calling her:B but it sounds like you already have beautiful pit crew of your own.

I wasn't sure if I should have included the bloopers or not, so I'm glad someone enjoyed them. I didn't know if they were only funny to us, but we were cracking up when editing this one. I usually just cut the mistakes out and never look back, but including them made the process more enjoyable to me.

icanon wrote:
If need a pretty girl to help with the tire change can I call her? lol

Good video love the bloopers.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for checking it out! I still haven't gotten over talking into a camera and it sounding natural. It's very unnatural and it turns me into a babbling idiot (more so than usual). I'm very slowly improving, but I'm afraid it's more editing than anything at this point.

downtheroad wrote:
Informative and nicely produced video...thanks

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
If need a pretty girl to help with the tire change can I call her? lol

Good video love the bloopers.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92