cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing a 2nd AC

Ryanjb01
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to add a 2nd AC unit to my 5'er(see signature).

It is prewired for a second AC unit. Power and Thermostat.

Does anyone know if this 5'er is ducted for a second AC unit?

If yes, what unit should I purchase?

If no, what unit should I purchase?

I am looking for one that will be controlled by an external(wall mounted) thermostat.

I am also looking for one that you can run the fan 100% of the time, even when the compressor shuts down(cycling).

In my last RV, I installed an AC unit and it would turn on and off all night as there was no way to leave the fan on all of the time. Very disruptive.

Thanks for the help and guidance.

Ryan
2018 GMC 3500 Denali Crew Cab Dually Duramax/Allison ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
Ryan, Marsha, Alyssa and Emily

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" ~ Thomas Edison
5 REPLIES 5

stevewise
Explorer
Explorer
I will be having a second AC put in next week the Forest River is already set up, to run ducted (it should tell you on your spec sheet) a dealer just took the numbers of my current AC and is matching it everything connects to one thermostat with 2 zones.
'15 Sierra 377FLIK
'14 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch
DW and Cricket the Chihuahua

Roadtrippin
Explorer
Explorer
I added a low profile Coleman Mach 8. It dropped into the roof vent opening and was not duct in. has its own control panel that mounts to the inside of the unit.
2018 Fleetwood STORM 32A

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Atwood Air Command on my FW too. The fan runs continuously even though the compressor cycles on and off. It's much quieter than other ACs I've owned, and it works great for us.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have a vent fan located where you intend to install the air conditioner, you should be able to remove the inside bezel and see if there is an opening into the ductwork.

I just received a new air conditioner to replace my 11 year old one. It is a Atwood 15,000btu unit that has a separate fan control that lets you run the fan only on three speeds for ventilation purposes.
Atwood air conditioner site

I have not installed it yet to test it out however.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just has a 2nd AC installed in my Wildcat and was surprised to find it also hooked up to the existing ducting. I suspect your CC will, too
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD