Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior Remodel/Finishing

tajRVtalk
Explorer
Explorer
OK here goes...
Our TT needs an interior wall and overhead bunk removed and the remaining interior affected needs to be finished so, as my Dad says, "It doesn't look like I did it".
I've figured out the demo and can facilitate that portion of the project, but the challenge is finding that one person/shop/company that will commit to the re-finishing.
The ceiling will have screw holes where the demo'ed attachment was taken loose, as well as some in the side paneling. Some paneling will need to be ripped to fit endwalls and trim pieces applied. Some matching batten, corner trim and joint tape will need to be resourced. (Subject is 2012 Keystone, factory no joy on comm. regarding replacement trim pieces, dealer says send pics and we'll go from there, likely matching trim and batten available). One light switch will need to be re-positioned (I can do) and there is no affected plumbing/wiring.
Anyone know of that "handy, skilled and thorough" person in the USA who can do?
Thanks in advance, tj
Mama
Some Cats
2 Aussies
DODGE RAM 2500 QUAD SWB 4x4
Cougar 325 SRX
4 REPLIES 4

HappyCampers227
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Very inexpensive 8mm laminate plank from Lumber Liquidators with attached backing. I also installed a rubber underlayment pad. The floor cleans easily and is durable, much nicer than sheet vinyl.

Nice job! Looks great...
Happy Campers 227
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
2016 Jayco Eagle 323 LKTS

The Happy Campers Facebook Page

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Very inexpensive 8mm laminate plank from Lumber Liquidators with attached backing. I also installed a rubber underlayment pad. The floor cleans easily and is durable, much nicer than sheet vinyl.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

tajRVtalk
Explorer
Explorer
So I found that our local repair station could handle the finishing. I demoed out the unwanted items and expect to get the unit back this week from finishing. Orig. wall paneling no longer available from Keystone, generic white ceiling panel and batts are. I did find corner trim, batts and tape in orig. color from RV Parts Nation. They have wall panels as well, but freight prohibitive.
The opening up of our unit completely transformed it. MUCH more useable, seems lots bigger.
We addressed a structural issue by shortening an aluminum framed wall to 8" to act as a truss across the top of the garage front, anchored at the wall where the slide terminates just in case she wanted to rack a bit. Next up - plank flooring.
Mama
Some Cats
2 Aussies
DODGE RAM 2500 QUAD SWB 4x4
Cougar 325 SRX

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you contact a local finish carpenter, a handy man with skills, or take it to an RV repair shop.
I do know a guy that can do the work but the price, after air fare, lodging, and repair costs will be astronomical.
I'd also suggest you have the repair person look over the project before you do any demo work. Some owners cause damage that could be avoided.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton