cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IR lights for Garmin rear-view camera

RetSgt7114
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up the Garmin dezl 760LMT and the BC-20 wireless camera, and installed them in our RV. The only issue that I have with this set up is that the camera does not have any Infrared Lighting for use at night. It works great during daylight, but at night all I have is my regular back-up lights illuminating the area, which is not much.

I was wondering if anyone has installed any aftermartket IR lights (I've seen them on Amazon), that would provide some night lighting for their camera system? I'm not too tech savy but I think I could wire up some IR lights to my back up lights in order to make this camera set up more useful. Would the use of IR lights in conjunction with the regular back up lights cause any wash-out? Would I be better off just installing some higher illuminating halogen or LED lights? Any thoughts?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gulfstream Yellowstone
USAF Veteran
US Army Veteran
Retired LEO 34 years
1 REPLY 1

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
If this camera wasn't specifically designed to work with IR illumination then it almost certainly has a fixed "IR cut filter"โ€ฆ which means adding IR LED's won't do you a bit of good.
Cheers
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog