cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ladder mounted clothes rack advice

hedgehog48
Explorer
Explorer
My wife would like to get a drying rack to mount on the rear ladder of our fifthwheel to dry towels. So, I went to camping world today and looked but can't decide between two. One is called the smart dryer which mounts with the hanging rods parallel to the rear of the camper. The other is the Stromberg Carlson extend a line which has 6, 42" hanging rods that pivot around making a semi circle off the rear ladder. They are both within $10 of each other so money isn't a concern, I just wanted input from people that have used them and which one they recommend.
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made ours from PVC pipe. I left the support leg loose so that it folds easily. I sized it so that it stands up in the basement storage. It takes about 3 inches of space to store.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, lantley.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Whens I sees a clothes rack dryin' clothes an towels outside at the highclass places I stay I ams quick complain to the higher ups.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I hope/trust you're just kidding.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
We have the extend-a-line and are very happy with it. If you're handy, I do like Dutchman's rig, probably lots less expensive, but not sure about storing it.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whens I sees a clothes rack dryin' clothes an towels outside at the highclass places I stay I ams quick complain to the higher ups.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Or, get some 1/2 inch PVC pipe, some elbows and Ts and some lightweight rope and make one yourself.

Do a Google Search for RV cloths rack and you'll see all kinds of home made versions.