cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mylar Film for Screen Door

ascofield
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a good, reasonable source for mylar film. I want to install the film on our entrance screen door so we can leave the "hard" door open when it is cool.

Thanks
Ansley & Susie
2008 Carriage Domani 302
2005 Dodge SLT Diesel Crew Cab
15 REPLIES 15

DelawareCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a pic of what it looks like?

ascofield
Explorer
Explorer
update on mylar - bought a roll of carpet saver film from U-Haul, installed it on the screen door and it works great. Left door open in 40 degree weather and electric heater maintained warmth in camper! Little hard to get straight on the screen but worth the effort. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts!
Ansley & Susie
2008 Carriage Domani 302

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Bmach wrote:
Thanks now get it.

I also like to have the door open in summer with the air on because I put my dogs in ex-pens right outside the door and I like to be able to keep an eye on them while I am in the MH.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
X3 for Lexan. Plexiglas will shatter if not cut correctly. I made two panels. The bottom fits into the screen storage area and the top fits into the screen area.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

texacokat
Explorer
Explorer
Clear shower curtain and velcro.
Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks now get it.

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Bmach wrote:
I'm confused? What are you trying to do?

You cover over the screen in your storm door with the plexiglass and this keeps out the hot/cold from the outside so you can have the door open and see out or let more light in without having the outside air coming in. (Keep heat out when AC is On) (Keep heat in when it is cold)
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us use plexiglas. Not sure the mylar would hold up in the wind.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm confused? What are you trying to do?

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes Lexan and they cut the pieces for free. Did mime for about $25. If you measure accurate, the pieces snap into the inner frame edge. One small sheet is all you need.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

ascofield
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have a couple of good choices!
Ansley & Susie
2008 Carriage Domani 302

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
gwtriker wrote:
I just did my door using plexiglass ... held in place with mirror clips

X2

Got everything a Home Depot.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

gwtriker
Explorer
Explorer
I just did my door using plexiglass ... held in place with mirror clips.

(Said plexiglass but meant lexan)

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
ascofield wrote:
Anyone know of a good, reasonable source for mylar film. I want to install the film on our entrance screen door so we can leave the "hard" door open when it is cool.

Thanks

Best thing I ever found to cover that screen door can be found at the U-haul rental centers!

It is real thin perfectly clear plastic film with adhesive. It's used to put down on carpets when people are moving to keep them clean.

This stuff is so thin and sticks so good I couldn't believe it. I put it on the screen in summer and cold days so I can leave the door open and the ac on and/or heat. Pulls right off when you don't need it. AND it's inexpensive.

One roll lasted me a couple years of putting it up and taking it down and putting a new one on.

My side windows are tinted and I need to have 'light' so my first trip down South I couldn't handle having it so dark inside the MH keeping the windows closed all the time. SO I put that plastic on my screens on the side windows too so I could open the window to let the light in. Air cond sealed inside and I could see out.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.