cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (large) Kitchen Sink

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We bought and had installed a farm sink (Lippert). It is basically the same, outside dimensions but without the middle divider there is so much more space. This makes cleaning large items and veggies so much easier. We do have some hospital plastic (wash) basins, which fits perfectly in half of the large sink, for washing small amounts/dishes. We may rout out the corners better but we need to color match first, as that would (almost) require new sink covers.
Before & After

7 REPLIES 7

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
The velcro is a good hack. Thanks.

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I agree having a large single sink is better for washing almost everything.

Our 990 came with a black plastic cutting board style sink cover but it didn't fit inside the sink enough to keep it from sliding off and onto the floor when hitting a bump or off-roading.

So I got a nice piece of 3/4" blonde bamboo plywood and cut it to fit better and routed out the drop in portion a bit more so now it doesn't slide out.

Also put some velcro pads on the bottom side and now we store the board against the wall next to the stove out of the way when we get to where were going.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
It seems that most RVs have sink covers. We have never used ours. Even a small amount of countertop space is easier to use that a sink cover which blocks use of the sink.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
1995brave wrote:
See if you can find a butcherblock cutting board larger than the sink and cut it down to match.

If it comes to that, we would rather look for color match first, as we prefer the look of the solid color across the counter. Also, that would be a thin piece of wood, about 3/8", that would likely warp.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
opnspaces wrote:
Wow looks good to me. Unless it really bothers you I would leave it as is. Or you can rout the corners and deal with the covers not quite covering. It's almost a pick your poison at that point (Poor corners or poor covers).

If you rout it out I doubt you would have to color match though. I think it more likely the pattern and color goes all the way through top to bottom. But you will probably need to sand it smooth and blend it in. Is that in your skill set?

Thanks.

These are our thoughts and why we aare not in a hurry to decide. As to matching, you are correct about color going through. The reference to color match would be if we choose to rout and have new covers made.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
See if you can find a butcherblock cutting board larger than the sink and cut it down to match.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Wow looks good to me. Unless it really bothers you I would leave it as is. Or you can rout the corners and deal with the covers not quite covering. It's almost a pick your poison at that point (Poor corners or poor covers).

If you rout it out I doubt you would have to color match though. I think it more likely the pattern and color goes all the way through top to bottom. But you will probably need to sand it smooth and blend it in. Is that in your skill set?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup