cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New member needs toilet install info

DasBus
Explorer
Explorer
I just signed up on the forum hoping to get some guidance and info from folks with more experience that me on RV toilets. My situation is that I am converting a Bluebird bus to carry around 12 people to sporting events once a month over the course of a school year. The trip will be about 2-3 hours each way.

I need to build in a complete bathroom with toilet and sink from scratch. I am pretty capable in terms of the skills necessary to do the installations etc. I need some guidance on what I will need to do the job. Obviously a toilet, sink, water tank, holding tank, heater, vents etc. Would there by anyplace I could look to get a comprehensive list of parts and pieces needed? A sort of A-Z start here and finish here list?

I want to end up with a fully functional bathroom that is easily used by the guests. I have a reasonable budget and am prepared to do whatever I need to so I accomplish the goal.

Many thanks for sharing your experience with me!
9 REPLIES 9

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Tecma is right way to go, I would use it even if I could fit the gravity flush. Search out TOILET RUNNING you will find that often valves stick and people find water and flooding in there units.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
The standard in that case is an air flush, like a Microphor- the nice thing is the discharge is 1.5" out the back, and the toilet can be a ways from the tank. You do need an air supply, but I think they are much better and more troublefree than macerator or vacuum types.
-- Chris Bryant

DasBus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies so far. I am reading and learning as we go. Current plan is to install a Tecma Silent macerator. The reason is that a gravity flush may not be possible due to the frame rail being directly below where the toilet will sit. Alternative locations are being considered to allow a simple gravity flush, but nothing works yet. Anyone have experience with a macerator type? Opinions? Options? Anyone have a good word for a high end gravity flush?

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the cassette pottie in our OFF-ROAD POPUP. This is self contained unit with a 6-gallon flush water cabinet and pull out wheeled tote that you can dump at the bath house down their toilet if you prefer...

The standalone unit doesn't take up much...

just my comments
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

westend
Explorer
Explorer
kaz442 wrote:
Had a friend who converted an old diesel school bus. He bought a wrecked class A at auction for 1200. droven it 150 miles home with no windshield and took all the parts out of it. Check Rv/MH salvage.

JKaz
Now that is one dedicated fabricator!:) Heck of a deal on the MH, too. I'll be checking RV/MH salvage to see what's out there, thanks for the heads up.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

kaz442
Explorer
Explorer
Had a friend who converted an old diesel school bus. He bought a wrecked class A at auction for 1200. droven it 150 miles home with no windshield and took all the parts out of it. Check Rv/MH salvage.

JKaz
1989 26' Jayco class C E350 460cu

recycler
Explorer
Explorer
helped convert an old blue bird into a motorhome...putting in a bathroom is easy.. best place to put it would be over one of the rear luggage compartments..they are large enough to put a large black tank in..ppl rv has a large catlog here is one place for the tankhttp://www.plastic-mart.com/category/32/rv-water-waste-holding-tanks

they my have something you could use
1999 F550 truck conversion

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one resource that may can help you.
Bus Conversion

Google, to find more.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You got it. Most RV toilets drop straight into the tank, so that is the easy part. Getting a sufficiently large black water tank and locating it will be the hard part.
Also you will need valves and plumbing for dumping the tanks each week. Do you know where your going to dump?