cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan access door

Chartrue2
Explorer
Explorer

New to me Onan Microquiet 4000.   When I tried to remove the access cover, both of the handles that turn to release the latches broke off in my hands!   Looking for suggestions as to how to get the cover off so that I can replace the broken handles.  Thanks for any and all input.

4 REPLIES 4

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Try some needle nose pliers?

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Chartrue2 wrote:

New to me Onan Microquiet 4000.   When I tried to remove the access cover, both of the handles that turn to release the latches broke off in my hands!   Looking for suggestions as to how to get the cover off so that I can replace the broken handles.  Thanks for any and all input.

I would contact Onan for help.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Are these latches on the generator itself? Or are they on the access door to get into the Generator compartment?

Can you use a flat blade screwdriver to turn what's left of the latches?

If the latches are broken off flush can you push the remnants into the generator compartment and the open the door?

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup