cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator replacement

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to replace my refrigerator. I have a Dometic 2852 which I am replacing with a 2872. From what I have read it should be a fairly simple exchange. Would appreciate any experienced advice. Thank you.
15 REPLIES 15

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Have you considered the RF18. If you are a veteran, you can get 10% off. We found 1 on sale and received the 10% mil discount, as well. Does not require PSW.

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Update, going with Magic Chef residential. Fits perfectly in the space of the 2852 Dometic and matches our Magic chef Stove/oven and Micro wave. We no longer boondock but we have a built in generator if we need it. It's also 2.1 cubic feet bigger than the 2852 at 10.1 cubic feet.

Thanks for all the tips.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I could likely find a video of a perpetual motion machine. 1 - 12V battery of any standard RV size would have a tough time powering your lighting needs for 24 hours, much less 43 hours. Did the video include any other power needs considered? Did anyone ever open the fridge? Was it 100 degrees outside? There are so many considerations!

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just watched a you tube video of an ever-chill 12volt compressor model that ran for 43 hours off 1 12volt battery. And that was starting from 61 degrees in freezer and refrigerator.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I will do a bit more research prior to investing in a new refer.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
on the other hand--by the time you pay for a propane fridge--you can add solar and batteries and still have money in the bank.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a boondocker as your name suggests and you don't have a lot of solar and a large battery bank you will likely be happier remaining with a propane fridge. I love a residential fridge but they are not right for everyone.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Go residential and never look back

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have you considered residential?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Specs update:

2852 Americana:
H: 59 15/16
W: 23 11/16
๐Ÿ˜ง 24

2872:
H: 60 13/16
W: 24 14/16
๐Ÿ˜ง 26

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
MT BOB wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
The 2872 according to specs is:
1" higher, 3/8" wider, 1/2" deeper

Depends on if it is a DM-2852, or a DM-2852 "Americana"

Itโ€™s the Americana.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK, never realized there were two different models.

MT_BOB
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:

Depends on if it is a DM-2852, or a DM-2852 "Americana"

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III