cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replaced carpet & laminate

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
Our carpet was discoloured in several spots, looked like a botched cleaning job and was hard to keep clean and the laminate was scratched in one spot, looked like something had got caught under the full wall slide while opening or closing.

So, tore out the old stuff and installed vinyl plank.

The door side slide used to ride on top of the carpet keeping it up off the laminate, with the carpet gone the slide wanted to slant down and rub on the vinyl. I tried putting some scrap bits of the plank to hold it up but it just wanted to bunch up when retracting and jam up when extending so tried some inexpensive carpet with a grey rubber back that does the trick, one chunk of it at either end and one in the middle, smooth as silk.

Click For Full-Size Image.

P.S. that roll of wire and electrical shunt on the island is for my next project - installing a digital volt/ammeter to keep better track of the batteries state of charge and power usage.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT
3 REPLIES 3

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:

Did you attach it with the carpet side down or the rubber side down? Also, how did you attach it to the slide?

We lay the pieces rubber side down when bringing the slide in, they stay there while travelling, the slide glides over the carpeted side. They're not attached, we roll them up and place them behind the recliners when the slide is out.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice job!!!

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
TimnJo wrote:
tried some inexpensive carpet with a grey rubber back that does the trick, one chunk of it at either end and one in the middle, smooth as silk.

Did you attach it with the carpet side down or the rubber side down? Also, how did you attach it to the slide?
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog