cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV wall/floor separation

Megan8or
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this or something similar to this or has any idea what is happening to my RV. As far as I know, the wall separation started along the wall by the front door and stairs area. Here, it appears that the wall if lifting relative to the floor, and pushing the wall out. That's been braced with some wood and screws along the inside wall of the basement but continues to separate. Along the front, inside the closet is a more recent discovery, I'm unsure when it started. Here, the floor is lifting relative to the wall, and again the wall is pushing out. 

We think the frame maybe cracked and twisting somewhere but I don't know how I would begin to locate the crack without access to the entire frame. 

Possibly related, but if not would also love to hear if anybody knows what could have caused my wheel to split like this. Luckily it happened just as I pulled into camp (I think.) There didn't seem to be any bumpier road than usual and I didn't hear or feel anything. It was just like that when I got out of the truck.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences, TIA!

IMG20241023203100.jpgIMG20241023203107.jpgIMG20241024140851.jpgIMG20241024140908.jpgIMG20241024141031.jpgIMG20241024141129.jpgIMG20241024141224.jpgIMG20241024145036.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

I assume your walls are supported by "wings" welded to the frame. Some of those could be broken. We got rid of our last 5er because the walls were no longer square to the frame. No leaks just the frame wings no longer supporting.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

The wheel is dangerous, do not pull with it like that except maybe around the campground to a spot easier to remove and replace.

As for the wall I'm guessing you have a leak further up the wall or on the roof and the studs are rotting away. In one picture I see a screw in a piece of the laminate flooring. Pull that screw and see if it's rusty. If rusty you have a leak.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Oh absolutely gonna swap the wheel before moving. More wondering if it could have also been caused by the frame warping somehow... The screws against the inside wall are clean, I just pulled the one I think you're talking about. Do you know how to access the studs?