Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seasonal Camper Slide out cover

jrclap63
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am looking to build a slide out cover for my permanent camper. I have seen several postings and pictures from other people who have done this and I know how I want to fabricate it, but I am not sure how to attach it to the camper so it stay in place and have it sealed so rain and snow does not get onto the slide out. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

jrclap63
2 REPLIES 2

jrclap63
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch,

Thanks for the reply. Do you recall how the hinges were attached to the camper? that is where I'm stuck. Not quite sure how to keep it attached to the side of the camper. Unfortunately my roof line is not flat. It is a 5th wheel and is taller towards the front, about 2 ft above the slide and tapers to about 1 ft to the rear.

Thanks jrclap63!

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen one hunting camper that used a plywood panel over the slide that was attached at the roof line with removable pin hinges. There was a rubber garage door seal that kept rain from leaking past the joint. As I recall, it had simple hooks and eyes at the slide edge to keep the wind from lifting the cover. The plywood was painted with high gloss deck enamel so the snow would slide off.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate