cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer Hose Storage Project - Another Fence Post Mod - Pics

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all the posts on this forum showing sewer hose storage ideas using a fence post, I built mine today. You will see in the pics that I decided to use rivets for most all fastener requirements. By strategically placing the fittings and cutting a few notches, I was able to put the rivet heads to the outside for a clean look. I will install on the TT this Friday and will add more pics then.

Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH
40 REPLIES 40

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted mine on top of the rear bumper. Due to how my slides and other things are, I wasn't able to find a satisfactory mounting position close to the dump valve.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

mbrower
Explorer
Explorer
d-mac1 wrote:
Resurrecting an old thread -

For those who have done this and ran the fence post/container crossways to the rig, how has it held up on the road? Does it develop a bow...or worse?

If I put mine where its near my sewer drain, it'll hafta be a couple inches below the corroplast to clear a gas line...if I put it behind my rear axle, it could be up against the corroplast.

I prefer up against the corroplast, but wondering if behind the tires will hold up? I'm not fond of the 'spaced-out' option either cuz it would be a wind dam, but it would be in front of the axles. I'm leaning toward behind the axles.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

The first one I mounted was right in the exhaust stream of my truck and it melted on a long hard run from the outer banks. I mounted mine about 12" behind the landing gear. I made a metal deflector to deflect the exhaust and not had a problem since.
2001 Chevy 3500 Big Dooley 8.1L (496 Cubes)Allison 5sp 4:10
2008 KZ Montego Bay 37RLB-4

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I have mine down about 1.5" using some 1.5" sq tubing. I also needed to clear the gas line. Never paid much attention to whether it's bowed or not. But it's been undr this 5th wheel for 4 seasons and was on our previous TT for 2 seasons.
1st two seasons it was white like they come. The next 4 it's been painted black to match the 5th wheel better. The paint has stayed on great. Have never needed to touch it up.
I did scuff it up with a red scotch brite pad, apply a coat of Krylon clear and then finish with black Krylon plastic furniture paint.

As gross as it sounds I still like using it. It's right next to my dump valve and makes dumping a breeze. I can fit two Rhino hoses in it along with the screw in sewer connector.

d-mac1
Explorer
Explorer
Resurrecting an old thread -

For those who have done this and ran the fence post/container crossways to the rig, how has it held up on the road? Does it develop a bow...or worse?

If I put mine where its near my sewer drain, it'll hafta be a couple inches below the corroplast to clear a gas line...if I put it behind my rear axle, it could be up against the corroplast.

I prefer up against the corroplast, but wondering if behind the tires will hold up? I'm not fond of the 'spaced-out' option either cuz it would be a wind dam, but it would be in front of the axles. I'm leaning toward behind the axles.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
2009 Ram 2500 CTD
2012 XLR Thunderbolt 300X10

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
I used some 1/2 wide flat stock and bent brackets. Yes I used some 3/4 x 3/4 inch square stock to space away from frame to allow door to open without rubbing
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
How did you mount the holder on the side like that, and did you have to space it out from the frame?
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
Finished mine up. I think this was one easiest mods done to the camper, but one of the best. Thanks for all the ideas

2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
larv wrote:
legolas wrote:
Stalvo wrote:
How is everyone attaching the post cover under their trailer?
mine rests on top of the bumper and is secured with black uv resistant cable ties., been there for 3 years on 2 different TT's.
legolas, I thought about the cable ties also but was afraid they would rot in the sun. Where did you find the uv resistant ones?

Larv
I got them at Lowes. They have worked very well. The ones on the TT have been there since I purchased this TT in Feb 2013.Easy on -easy off...no muss no fuss.

larv
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
Stalvo wrote:
mine rests on top of the bumper and is secured with black uv resistant cable ties., been there for 3 years on 2 different TT's.
legolas, I thought about the cable ties also but was afraid they would rot in the sun. Where did you find the uv resistant ones?

Larv
04.5 Dodge Cummins, QC, SWB, Atlantic Blue, 6 spd, 3.73's, pyrometer, Jake brake, Leer camper top, well wheel liners, fender trim, FMJ spray-in bed liner, tow pkg, Prodigy controller, MAAP nerf bars, Hatchie Bottom seat covers
29' Timber Ridge 260RLS

DanKirk
Explorer
Explorer
We finished our sewer hose drawer today. I stole the ideas from here. Here are a few pics:

2017 Windjammer 3006WK
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummins Turbo Diesel

DanKirk
Explorer
Explorer
I'm working on this project right now. Found both the 5" X 5" plastic fence post cover and the gutter insert at my local Lowes. I cut, drilled, and painted the brackets today. I hope to finish the install tomorrow.

I will post pics once it's done.
2017 Windjammer 3006WK
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummins Turbo Diesel

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I used some angle iron on the underside of the fence post. Drilled two holes in the bottom flange of the trailer and ran long bolts from the angle iron up to the frame. I had to put some spacers to allow for clearance of the LP line.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
Stalvo wrote:

wildwood1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job. I may do this sometime. I wash/rinse and plug ends of hose and store in a plastic box. Downside it takes up a little room , haven't had wasp or odor problem.