cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water pump switch indicator light

JDmouse
Explorer
Explorer

Has anyone heard of a rocker switch for a water pump that has an indicator light on it? Got home last weekend and realized that the pump was running. I had drained the water tank and forgot to turn off the switch.

6 REPLIES 6

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad

I've found making a checklist for packing up is a good idea too as it is very easy to overlook little items like this

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

JDmouse
Explorer
Explorer

Update on pump indicator light. Got an led from mouser electronics, drilled a small hole through the face plate and connected the led to the outgoing hot wire and the ground and now I have a light when my pump is switched on!

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I think about solutions for this too. Seems like the water pump switch should be tied to the FW tank sensor or some kind of float switch to keep folks from burning up their pumps. There's a lot to remember when breaking camp and when the fw tank is emptied, turning off the water pump can be easily over looked. Likewise draining the water heater and forgetting to turn the element or lp off. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wouldnt be hard to do..  but if you tie it to a sensor it would always turn off at just under 1/3rd of a tank.  in theory diaphram pumps are a run dry self priming so a little bit of running won't hurt it, the capmer one lasted for 33 years and I left the **bleep** thing running all fall once ๐Ÿ™„  I haven't made that mistake sence ๐Ÿคฃ

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

https://www.amazon.com/rv-water-pump-switch/s?k=rv+water+pump+switch 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II

Sure, mine has one, but it came that way from the factory. Iโ€™d check Amazon.