cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where to buy Battery Box Hose

Bob91040
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Does any one know where to get vent hose for venting my batteries? I will have 2 dual 6 volt battery boxes up front in my 5th wheel.These are quick cable boxes that I believe take 2 inch hoses...Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Bob91040
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all your help. I'm off to home depot to check out the hose. I did want to by the hose from quick cable,but they wanted $55.00 for the vent and hose. A little pricey for me. Again, thanks for your help...

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob91040 wrote:
Hi, Does any one know where to get vent hose for venting my batteries? I will have 2 dual 6 volt battery boxes up front in my 5th wheel.These are quick cable boxes that I believe take 2 inch hoses...Thanks

I bought some at a local dealer last year for an MTS Products sealed battery box. They sell it by the foot and will cut off what you need. MTS Products uses a 1.625" dia. hose and is made with a profile that will collapse when tightened with a hose clamp. I've only seen the MTS Products sealed boxes used in FWs, but maybe if it's an older unit they used to use something else? Maybe your boxes aren't Quick Cable? I don't think they have a version with 2" dia. hoses.

The hose needs to able to collapse and seal when attached with a hose clamp to prevent hydrogen gas from escaping and can't be any old hose. Hydrogen gas that escapes from the battery needs to be vented to the exterior. I can't see from the Quick Cable website what the hose looks like. Can you post a pic and/or details? Jegs online has 3 different brands of sealed boxes, Moroso, JAZ and JEGs and all 3 use a clear hose of what looks like about 3/4" dia.

If the boxes came from the factory with Quick Cable boxes, I would think a dealer would be able to supply the hose. The only Quick Cable box they seem to list is an aluminum one. Is yours actually OEM or a mod by someone? What is the exterior vent like and does it take the same dia. of hose as the Quick Cable one? I would think that if you need a small dia. hose like around 3/4", it would need to be something that won't kink or easily collapse.

If you happen to run into any problems and you really do have Quick Cable boxes, you could possibly go with MTS Products. I was at a dealer here recently and they had a stack of used MTS Products sealed battery boxes for $5 a piece and many were like new. I like the idea of the larger dia. hose. If not original, the boxes need a proper unobstructed inlet on the bottom and the exterior vent needs to be min. 6" above top of the box.

JEGs website showing 3 brands of sealed boxes: sealed & vented battery boxes

This is the MTS Products hose, box and exterior vent:

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vent? There is enough air circulation up front that i dont have any problems.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on GORDON THREE - I was able to find all I needed for one of my battery installs from LOWES. They had all kinds of PVC/RUBBER hose ideas as well as PVC/PLASTIC vent mounts to pick from.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Is there something special about the hose? Go to a big box home store, in the plumbing section near the sump pumps, there's something called discharge hose, should be 1.5" and 2" varieties. It's a light weight plastic hose, should work well.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ronfisherman
Here is one place. RV Store Direct
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD