cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1976 Fleetwood Terry tires

Sgmiller3
Explorer
Explorer
My partner and I just bought a 1976 Terry with the intent to gut and remodel, and we're first needing to put new tires on it. I've scoured the Internet and can't find what size tires to put on it? I would just look at the tires on it already but it is currently on cinder blocks. Can anyone help me please?

Much appreciated,
S.
7 REPLIES 7

Mark_Heisler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you read the trailers ID sticker(they use to put the sticker in the closet door on the older trailer and also outside on the driverside)
should say tire size and rim
It should be ST205/75/15 load C on 5 bolt holes
I found one online that show the trailer info that what it says
2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.

Check on Tin Can Tourists. It's a site for vintage TT's.

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Before going crazy with wheels and tires, I would check out your brakes and axles....Might end up replacing them too, so wheels could be bought for new stuff

bg71361
Explorer
Explorer
My 1973 31' fiver had Fayetteville Style wheels , it's a wide spread almost star 4 bolt pattern if that is what you have good luck finding replacements they are like hens teeth. FYI the lug bolts are tougher to find I believe some are left hand thread.

Did a quick search for Fayette Wheels look here

Vintage wheels

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Sgmiller3 wrote:
My partner and I just bought a 1976 Terry with the intent to gut and remodel, and we're first needing to put new tires on it. I've scoured the Internet and can't find what size tires to put on it? I would just look at the tires on it already but it is currently on cinder blocks. Can anyone help me please?

Much appreciated,
S.

Size (length) of trlr?

I had a 24' 1976 Terry (TT) back when.

A guess would be - a 5th wheel probably had the same tires as TTs.

It had 15" wheels - I used LT tires (even back then).
Since you're in a re-hab mode, would guess any tires would made do for the time being - find some used 15" LT tires.

Want new? Lots of "current" 5th wheels have 15" tires & wheels. Take a look at a sidewall on a comparable size trlr on a sales lot.

On cinder blocks......
If you need wheels also, the 15" wheels used then were a standard Ford p/up bolt pattern.
Make (and take) a cardboard pattern to the local wrecking yard for inexpensive wheels.

Good luck with your project.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Would they be able to tell anything from rims, besides width? Maybe also bring photos of the rig with rims on, and measurements of clearance (height and width).

I you can fill some or all tanks before measuring, and pile in 500-1000lbs of stuff, that would help, too. Still won't give you steering clearance info.

When I recently had to mock up camping weight in my rig for a shop, I put all my patio plants from my S&B in. Big pots of dirt and sand are heavy! And it was easier than moving the camping gear in.

If all they can do is guess, ask the tire shop guys if they would be willing to put on some old tires from their recycle pile, and you or they drive around on them, to see if they rub anywhere.

I just make this stuff up; more than likely somebody who actually knows will chime in here, in the morning.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Take the rims to a tire shop and ask the real experts
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.