cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 weeks and 1200 miles in the new 5th wheel

pbmazda32
Explorer
Explorer
So far only one issue. By this time in the my old toy hauler I had a full page of repairs for the dealer to do under warranty. Hopefully this is a better camper. 2017 StarCraft AR-ONE MAXX 26 BHS 5th wheel.

Only issue I'm having is air in the water lines when running off the fresh water tank and pump. I open the faucet and it works, with alot of spitting and sputtering. I've opened every faucet with the pump and using the shore water hookup. I get all the air out but as soon as I use the pump again, the air returns. I put my head in the cabinet all the water stuff is in and as soon as the pump stops running, you can hear air sucking.

What is the best way to find the air leak? I haven't seen a drop of water anywhere around the plumbing, but I can hear air sucking in and filling the line up.
11 REPLIES 11

pbmazda32
Explorer
Explorer
Just to follow up. Problem seems to have worked itself out. No more sputtering.

pbmazda32
Explorer
Explorer
I wondered what that piece of extra hose was for. I'll check everything out tomorrow

pbmazda32
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Possibly the vent hose for your tank is plugged or kinked
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
Also check the small screen/filter housing between the pump and fresh water tank. They are bad about freezing and cracking then they start sucking air.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
The valve on my suction hose, for the anti freeze, did not seat properly. Went to Lowe's and purchased a 1/2" screws in plug, problem solved. I didon't figure this until I replaced the water pump, at least I have a spare pump now.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stick that hose down into a gal bucket of water and if that stops your sucking air problem. It should a small valve lever on it and perhaps it is not turned all the way to turn off the hose...

google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Turn_Key
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
Look for a tail...piece of hose on suction side of pump with a valve. They put these on for winterizing o you can suck anti freeze in with the pump. I bet the valve is cracked open

So that's what that extra hose is for!!! Had wondered about that but as it never gave me a problem and I don't use antifreeze (blow entire system out with compressed air), I never worried about it. Learn something new every day!

Happy Camping!
Turn Key and DW
Bentley, One Very Pushy Chiweenie
Sunshine, One Crazy Pug (I Guess They All Are!)
'03 Chevy 2500HD, 4X4, X-Cab, Long-Bed
'14 Winnebago 26FWRKS ("Sunday Haus III")
Twin Kayaks, "The Ride" by Wilderness Systems

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a tail...piece of hose on suction side of pump with a valve. They put these on for winterizing o you can suck anti freeze in with the pump. I bet the valve is cracked open
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on starting at the suction side. I'd also check every water and sewer connection in the entire trailer. Between shoddy factory work and bouncing on the highway I wouldn't be surprised if you have some loose connections.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I'd guess the line between tank and pump has hole/crack in it somewhere however small. Look on suction side of the pump.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax