cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Montana High Country

GASA765
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at a 343RL. Are there any known issues with these lighter weight Montana's?
Also not sure about the cable technology being used on their slide outs.
Thanks.
Gary, Serena, Monte(JRT), Roxie(Long Hair Dachsund) Haylee(Goldie Mix)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 6.7L CTD
2007 Forrest River Wildcat LSBS
3 REPLIES 3

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
GASA765 wrote:
We're looking at a 343RL. Are there any known issues with these lighter weight Montana's?
Also not sure about the cable technology being used on their slide outs.
Thanks.

I was looking at the Cougar side of the High Country, but crossed them off due to the small black tank. We like to boondock on occasion, and a 28 gal black tank just wouldn't work for us. Frankly, I've seen 18' travel trailers with almost double the capacity, so don't know why they're so parsimonious on that tank. Keep this in mind if you boondock for more than a long weekend or with friends who want to use your toilet.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

08UltraRider
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2012 343RL that I took delivey on in June 2011.

No issues with the slide system other than the cables on the main slide was out of adjustment which was corrected with warranty.

I did however change the springs after a 5000 mile trip to Charlotte NC last year. The 343 with 3 slides and the kitchen on the left side is heavier by approx 800 lbs on that side.

When we got home I noticed the trailer was leaning to the left where I could see the springs were flattened on that side. I replaced them with heavier duty springs on both sides outside of warranty.

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
Create an account and look here: http://montanaowners.weebly.com/index.html
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.