cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Forest River Columbus 340RK

Brucelas
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for any input, good or bad on this fifth wheel, also how do Forest River products fit in, ie high end, middle, or low end for price and quality.

Thanks.
2015 GMC Denali HD 3500 DRW Duramax
2007 Thor JAZZ
B & W turnoverball and Companion Hitch
6 REPLIES 6

fairhaven
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Columbus 365RL that we purchased in June. We used it 9 times this year on trips ranging from weekends to 2 weeks. Other than a few minor issues that were fixed by the dealer be could not be happier. We looked for about 1 year and had narrowed our choice down to Montana & Columbus. We felt the Columbus was a little better built, had more amenities, and cost less.
2014 Palomino Columbus 365RL,2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box, Aisin Transmission
Myself(Bob) Retired (25 Years USAF)
Tami(Wife/Retired 25 Years USAF)
Ashley-13(Daughter)
Nick-10(Our rotty)

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
We really like our rear kitchen 5er and would probably stay with one on our next rig. This would be on out short list. Only things I would like to change is a little larger bathroom and lighter color on the woodwork. Nice one for you to consider.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

srink
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River makes several different lines.
I am now on my 3rd Forest River product.
2001 Sierra trailer, 2006 Sierra 5th wheel, now 2012 Sierra 5th wheel.
We ended up with Sierra each time because we found what we liked in our price range. There are certainly better coaches but a lot more money. IMO this is the most for the money.
We had a major problem with out 06. Forest River took care of our problem, went overboard to comensate us and treated us like they really cared. After that service experience, I knew it was a good company.
I consider the Sierra very much in the middle. You can buy better and you can buy worse but dollar for dollar we're happy.
Condo on Wheels

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
If your'e planning on that, hope you are getting a different truck. Coach looks nice!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
Brucelas wrote:
I'm looking for any input, good or bad on this fifth wheel, also how do Forest River products fit in, ie high end, middle, or low end for price and quality.

Thanks.

Forest River has multiple companies which run from high end to middle to mostly low end campers.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30