cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Blue Ridge Problems with black and grey water vales

suedonlem
Explorer
Explorer
We have had tight valves with the tanks and now one has snapped. according to the repair man, the cable wasn't long enough. Anyone else having this problem.
4 REPLIES 4

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
suedonlem wrote:
I have been trying to get in touch with Forest river but no one returns my calls.

Well do not feel special, I too am a member of the Forest River non returned call fraternity, as are many others. Personally the next club I will be joining is the "Warren Buffet can shove his Forest Rivers up his posterior" club.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

suedonlem
Explorer
Explorer
The repairman has said he cable was too short. I have been trying to get in touch with Forest river but no one returns my calls. The repair shop has had to order the 92 in cable but according to the specs of our camper the 72 inch is supposed to work.

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
I think its more a case of the cables needing to bend up to 180 degrees to get to the handles in the wet bays. Like brake or gear cables on bikes every time you make a bend you introduce friction and smooth operation is lost. Having the cable flex at the bend stresses it and they snap. Mine hasnt snapped but its basically frozen to the point that the valve wont fully close when pushing in the t-handle.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
if they are the bristol valves it seems to be a problem as i have replaced a few where they snap at the threads.cant see a cable being to short causing it