cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Conditioner is not cooling the trailer

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Arctic Fox 5th wheel with a 13.5 BTU Coleman Mach (Airexcel)air conditioner,
We haven't had to use the air conditioner until this weekend when it was 102 degrees. I have two Honda EU2000 generators.

The problem is, the unit will not cool the main room of the 5'er down more than 10 degrees or so. The air coming from the unit is no cooler than if we were using a fan.

I've had travel trailers in the past that had units that would cool the trailer very well in high temps.

Does anyone have experience with the 13.5 btu unit using the two Honda genny's?

I am still under warranty but would like to know what I should expect from the unit before I go to the dealer and listen to all the reasons why I am over reacting!! LOL

Thanks,
Tony
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.
18 REPLIES 18

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
is it acopleman or domestic ? Have you pulled the inside cover to verify it is sealed to the ducting?

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to run your question past these guys.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

hdfatboynj
Explorer
Explorer
That's right, the AC is just design to lower the temp around 20 degrees lower then the outside air.
2015 Coachman Chaparral 29MKS
Ford E450 Super Duty Duely
USMC 81-85

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
How cool is the air when it exits the unit? Don't expect over 15-20 below outside temp.