cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I cutting myself out of the TH market

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to stay in the 2500 range, willing to go to 3500. Do not want to go diesel or drw. I am leaning towards a smaller garage to get this, 5th wheel
15 REPLIES 15

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
This will not end well...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Txsurfer wrote:
Dumb question - seems like a smoker ( obviously not in use ) would still smell up the interior pretty bad?

It sure will and it will make me sick smelling it in our hauler, i dont care for all that smoke smell.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Y-Guy
All Toy Haulers provide venting, shouldn't be a major issue.

Another possible route would be more of a concessions open style, instead of concessions have it setup with housing.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Dumb question - seems like a smoker ( obviously not in use ) would still smell up the interior pretty bad?
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
OK. So you are looking for a TH that will haul your Ranger (about 1500lbs min), your cookers (about 2000lbs), and other gear - so at minimum 3500lbs AFTER the water tanks, sleeping gear, etc.

And you want to tow it with a 2500 SRW or 3500 SRW at max.

If you can't get that, you will skip the Ranger and are looking at 2000lbs AFTER water tanks, sleeping gear,etc.

OK I have a few minute's I will try to explain what my idea's of use are.

This will be a somewhat second home if you will. Most use will be at fishcamp which is the campground at the marina. Will be here 80-90% of the time. Used here year round. On occasion will be moved to different campgrounds throughout Mi ( once a month maybe in the summer) for fishing and a weekend getaway. Will have to take a second truck to drag boat along too.

The side x side is all of 1700 dry weight, 10 gallon gas tank.
L x W x H 116.5 x 60 x 76" (296 x 152 x 193 cm), Now I do have the track system which adds roughly 500 lbs and makes it about 12ft long and and extra foot taller. winter time usage.

Now I would like to use this setup at bbq comps, roughly 4 times a year. all my cookers roughly add up to 2000lbs.

Right now I move all this stuff around on a landscape trailer and current 1/2 ton truck.

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
Xlr 300x12 is a 5th with relatively light pin weight and a 12 garage. Keystone carbon 33 is a similar layout with 10' garage in a bumper pull....much cheaper though and many of the options.

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
The ranger is the Northstar 900, don't have measurements on hand put it is at least 1800 lb add another 500 lbs with track system. Not all gear will go. S x S for winter time, cookers for the summer for bbq comps. The plan is that any water hauled will be at a min.

Bedlam
With the SRW trucks you have a wide range of bumper pull toy haulers available. But due to the pin weight of fifth wheels, you will be limited to models under 15K lbs gross weight. Payload of the SRW's is what will hold you back since the power trains are sufficiently strong to pull much more.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why you feel you're cutting yourself out. Yes, you can't get just any toy hauler out there. But there are plenty to choose from.

How big is that Ranger?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this code?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK. So you are looking for a TH that will haul your Ranger (about 1500lbs min), your cookers (about 2000lbs), and other gear - so at minimum 3500lbs AFTER the water tanks, sleeping gear, etc.

And you want to tow it with a 2500 SRW or 3500 SRW at max.

If you can't get that, you will skip the Ranger and are looking at 2000lbs AFTER water tanks, sleeping gear,etc.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Ideally my ranger side x side but I think it won't happen. Roughly 2k in smoker cookers

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not defensive, just trying to figure out what you're looking for. 2500 - 3500 could have meant GVRW.

What do you want to carry? How much GVWR do you need? And so on.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry meant 2500/3500 truck.

Leave it to the Ohio guy to get defesive