cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen Aluminum Ultimate Hitch Redesigned

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I follow Andersen hitches on Facebook and they have announced a redesign of their Aluminum Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch...here are some screen shots of the Facebook post.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
161 REPLIES 161

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
See my post at the top of p.6. Thread closed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
As long as they last 7 days. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Your mounting points to the pucks are just legs that a lot of force gets applied.True they are probably forged but to my many years working with metal,its the week link.Not saying any have failed,just its my concern.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
sayoung wrote:

You really trust those 4 bathtub legs that connects your hitc to your truck ?

Please explain.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
BarneyS wrote:
Let it go! :R
Barney
Man, I hate when they start quoting "Frozen". 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
up2nogood wrote:

Does not take long to understand that on this Forum. Just think if B&W came out with an Andersen style hitch like Pullrite

If they did or do it will weigh much more and have a much more realistic rating.

You really trust those 4 bathtub legs that connects your hitc to your truck ?

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Hey, it bent didn't it? Seems to me that if the hitch had been strong enough it wouldn't have bent. Kind of the definition of "strong enough". 🙂

It is acknowledged that one single unitary specific hitch "bent". It is also noted that said hitch did not break and disconnect from either the TV or the 5er. If a single incident shall stereo-typically define all units, then there will not be one single hitch on the market we would unilaterally find acceptable.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

If they did or do it will weigh much more and have a much more realistic rating.

Again...how exactly can you definitively suggest that the Andersen Ult rating is not realistic??????????????????????????????????????????????
Hey, it bent didn't it? Seems to me that if the hitch had been strong enough it wouldn't have bent. Kind of the definition of "strong enough". 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bobandshawn wrote:
LOL A little mirth is always good.

You beat me posting by one minute. My post was not referring to you but was intended to go before yours. I agree with you! :B
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bobandshawn
Explorer
Explorer
LOL A little mirth is always good.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let it go! :R
Barney
Not towing now.

Bobandshawn
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Again...how exactly can you definitively suggest that the Andersen Ult rating is not realistic??????????????????????????????????????????????

Really really heavy is good, even much heavier is more betterer. If you have a hitch you can get in and out of your truck in one piece without assistance that hitch will fail and kill helpless children. If you have a hitch that you either leave in the truck all the time or you bought a hoist or winch to remove it and built a dolly to wheel it around you have testicles and save helpless children from death. It's simple.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
Thanks Chris. Appreciate the reply.

Demo is US Made and I am fairly certain REESE is not. Please correct if I am wrong.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD