cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any body using these...

vietvet66-67
Explorer
Explorer
www.riecotitan.com/ Leveler system on a fifth wheel?
Looking at options other than hydraulic's.
Compare to hydraulic if you had both, or if you only have had the rieco titan electric.
2006 Chevy 3500 DRW LBZ/ALLY LT2 The "DREAM CATCHER"
1999 Newmar American Star Newmar Kountry Klub #19708
Curt Q20 P-2 Controller
LIFE MEMBER OF THE VFW MEMBER 335 "DUALLY CLUB"
"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS KEEP AMERICA FREE"
10 REPLIES 10

vietvet66-67
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your comments. This may be the system I buy when I upgrade
my trailer, hopefully next year. Your thumbs up have convinced me.
Again, many thanks.
2006 Chevy 3500 DRW LBZ/ALLY LT2 The "DREAM CATCHER"
1999 Newmar American Star Newmar Kountry Klub #19708
Curt Q20 P-2 Controller
LIFE MEMBER OF THE VFW MEMBER 335 "DUALLY CLUB"
"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS KEEP AMERICA FREE"

steadfastrock
Explorer
Explorer
The system is called Ground Control. Rieco Titan sold the rights to this system to Lippert a few years ago. I bought the system and put it on a larger Bighorn. Except for a warranty repair, the system did as advertised and I enjoyed having it. I have noticed that Lippert has changed the jack design recently and added their auto level to the system. http://lci1.com/ground-control-3
Our new coach has the LCI Level Up. I would say that the Level Up is way more hands off, for better or worse. I don't have any experience with the new version of Ground Control.

57_Panhead
Explorer
Explorer
One main advantage of the Reico Titan electric system is that it can NEVER leak hydraulic fluid, no seals to leak and no hydraulic cylinders to rebuild. There is a manual override in the event of a failure of one of the motors. It is not an auto level system so you don't have to worry about it going all wacko on you and not leveling. Also, with an electric system you wont have a leaky jack losing lift and not supporting the unit.

We have had ours on our Jayco Eagle 34' fiver for over 2 years and I love it.

Steve
Retired Teamster
2012 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5RLTS
07 F250 PowerStroke
U Y B

brmike
Explorer
Explorer
kz equips their "top of the line" stone ridge units with the reico titan system. I've got a 38fl that is a little over 3 years old and have set up probably 200 times with it. It works well and is very reliable. it is not as fast as a hydraulic system, but you don't have to worry about leaks either. As previous poster said, it's not an automatic system, but once you get familiar with it, you can "fine tune" your level position perfectly. Also the reico system gives the ability, should one of the electric motors fail, to remove one of the other three and use it to complete your setup. you will never be stranded with one leg that won't raise or lower. I, too have raised my 14,000 pound trailer completely off the ground for wheel bearing service. Overall, its is an excellent system.

raygreg
Explorer
Explorer
I have the system that Harley describes. I installed it on my Hitchiker II about 2 years ago.. works great so far.

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now. My fiver weighs close to 17,000 lbs. Works just fine, one of my best investments also.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
harley hitchiker wrote:
I have had the rico titan jacks on my 2010 jayco designer for a about a year they work fine they are rated at 5,000 lb. each total of 20,000 lbs .It is not a auto leveling system that I have . they send you two new landing gear jacks to replace your originals and two short jacks that you can bolt by drilling the frame or welding them to the frame ,I welded mine just behind the rear wheels . The system comes with two remotes 1 is rf and can operate the jacks from anywhere near the trailer the other is hard wired incase you lose the 1st one or it doesn't work
the remote will run any jack separately or any 2 at the same time like 2 frort or 2 rt or 2 lt or rear and it has a button for all up .
I have lifted my trailer tires completely off the ground with no problems . when setting up I use 2 front to unhook then raise or lower to level front to back then lower rear jacks till both are on the ground then raise low side to level right to left and if I think I need more weight on jacks to make the trailer more stable just hit all up . reverse steps to tear down . I have never had a problem and have probably set up 30 times since installed .
one caution measure the length of your current front landing gear main tube and see if theirs is as long mine were 5in. longer than theirs and I had to relocate the brackets on the front of my trailer which may not be easy . depending on access to the mounts .
these jacks also run 2 to 3 times as fast factory jacks which speeds up hooking up process.
My daughter and son in law have a new 5vr with lippert hyd leveling system and I think mine is more versatile and as easy to use.

I have the same system on a 12,500 lb 5er. May be the best mod ever.
Harley described the process perfectly. I too have lifted the whole rig for service. In my opinion way better than hydraulic.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I must have missed those when I looked over the site.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the rico titan jacks on my 2010 jayco designer for a about a year they work fine they are rated at 5,000 lb. each total of 20,000 lbs .It is not a auto leveling system that I have . they send you two new landing gear jacks to replace your originals and two short jacks that you can bolt by drilling the frame or welding them to the frame ,I welded mine just behind the rear wheels . The system comes with two remotes 1 is rf and can operate the jacks from anywhere near the trailer the other is hard wired incase you lose the 1st one or it doesn't work
the remote will run any jack separately or any 2 at the same time like 2 frort or 2 rt or 2 lt or rear and it has a button for all up .
I have lifted my trailer tires completely off the ground with no problems . when setting up I use 2 front to unhook then raise or lower to level front to back then lower rear jacks till both are on the ground then raise low side to level right to left and if I think I need more weight on jacks to make the trailer more stable just hit all up . reverse steps to tear down . I have never had a problem and have probably set up 30 times since installed .
one caution measure the length of your current front landing gear main tube and see if theirs is as long mine were 5in. longer than theirs and I had to relocate the brackets on the front of my trailer which may not be easy . depending on access to the mounts .
these jacks also run 2 to 3 times as fast factory jacks which speeds up hooking up process.
My daughter and son in law have a new 5vr with lippert hyd leveling system and I think mine is more versatile and as easy to use.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't see anything on their site that would have enough capacity for a fifth wheel.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"