cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have Keystone cougar 30RLS?

solman
Explorer
Explorer
While at a RV show this past weekend the Mrs. fell in love with this model. Asking price is $39,995 which is fair I guess but I don't think it's a great deal. The sheet price with the extras is just over 51k. I feel I can get it for less but, I am more concerned with build quality of these units. While all looked fine on our walk about I have read of the front end cracks on some of these cougars of years gone by.
What is the consensus on the Keystone Cougar fifth wheel trailers? I am leaning towards the Jayco Eagle line with a similar size. I always thought that Jayco builds a solid trailer although I have never owned one. I currently have a Keyston Fuzion toy hauler which has been ok but, has some serious design faults which turned me away from Keystone.
Thanks,
Solman
2011 F-250 6.2L 4x4 3.73 8'bed
2020 Keystone Cougar 5er 315RLS
pullrite 16k hitch
6 REPLIES 6

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
If I were you I'd wait until the 2021's are out, unless you can be assured that it has the "new" waterproof flooring system. Keystone had to do something because of the problem with their older foam core floors rotting away.

Do a Google search for that or search here, there are plenty of threads on this problem and the difficulty in repairing this issue.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
My son bought a 2018 rear den Cougar and has had no problems with it we Rv all the time together and he loves it
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to add my daughter has a 40 ft Cougar 5er and is very satisfied with it. Seems to have decent construction. No problems in 2 years. I consider it a mid level trailer probably similar to the Jayco Eagle
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love our Cougar(s), I consider them mid line, not sure they would stand the rigours of full timing but certainly meets our needs. We did some research before purchasing, some issues were: front cap fading and on board electronic mother board, so I addressed these with the dealer before taking possession. Net result, as expected both did fail, but dealer was awesome and no hassle completed the repairs under warranty...no other real issues. PS: like grand children yours is always the best... so I expect same bias applies to everyone else rigs.
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say about the one you looking at. We had a 02 Cougar 5er till about 8 momths ago. We liked our old Cougar and never had any problems other than the sorry tires that came on it. So we started looking at new and since we had such good luck with the 02 and started looking at them. DW and I was not inpressed at all with the new models Cougars compared to our old one.Just did not care for the fit and finish inside. Just look cheap compared to the 02. So we shopped around looking at diffrent make and models and ended up with a 2019 Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK.Fit and finish was for sure better and just seemed better put togeather. Who know for sure only time will tell.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Price that model out on rvwholesalers.com and/or rvdirect.com and see how it compares. Those 2 online sellers usually have the lowest price.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"