cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone See This!!

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone see this yet?? What are your thoughts??

"New" Excel Winslow w/main door in slide-out
64 REPLIES 64

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Concept is great, I like the extra room created, but execution on the hand needs some retooling.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Rhino roof.
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Butt-ugly, impractical and probably expensive. Wait a few months until they don't sell and there will be a big price cut. That is if you like butt-ugly, impractical and probably still expensive.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
My thoughts were ugly with the steps were they are when put up. Do not like it at all.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
naaaa, don't like it, seems problematic, + 2 washrooms, and one with a double sink,,, like really??? why haul around the extra weight and square footage tied up in bathroom s, one is plenty, make the whole unit smaller or ad extra living room or kitchen space, put a bigger dine table instead of an extra bathroom, that would be more useful by far
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
mrkoje wrote:
Yes it looks like with the slide in you can't access the bedroom. Also it sure doesn't win any style points while your going down the road with your stairs bolted up in front of the door! Talk about ugly...

If the floor plan is to scale, you definately can not go upstairs

Hoppypoppy
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
Gosh, I just love all this negative vibes whenever a new idea comes along.

Mind you, I probably would never own this particular model. But Excel says right on their web site that one can enter the fiver and access most anything with the slides IN.

So that means fridge and bathroom, of which I believe there are two in this model.

So lets open up a little on this rigid, negative thinking. Sure, maybe we would not buy one, but that does not mean we have to comment negatively about it.

The OP asked for "thoughts". These are "thoughts".

Hoppypoppy
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Poor idea IMO. What do you so when you're at a narrow site, or where the trees are close to the slide when the slide is out. Personally I think it looks like the answer to a question that was never asked.

"Personally I think it looks like the answer to a question that was never asked."

Great line, lol. And I agree.

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh, I just love all this negative vibes whenever a new idea comes along.

Mind you, I probably would never own this particular model. But Excel says right on their web site that one can enter the fiver and access most anything with the slides IN.

So that means fridge and bathroom, of which I believe there are two in this model.

So lets open up a little on this rigid, negative thinking. Sure, maybe we would not buy one, but that does not mean we have to comment negatively about it.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with all the negative comments above. Did you check out the steps mounted to the side of the trailer? It's just plain UGLY! It was featured in this month's Trailer Life and their thinks it's wonderful. Makes you wonder doesn't it? By the way, did you see the price??? Somebody has a sense of humor!
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe the slide structure can be strong enough to withstand years of in and out traffic without isssues. I could be wrong but I think it is a huge mistake. However, we will find out, somebody probably has one already.
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

overthehillbill
Explorer
Explorer
Is that stool room adjacent to the dinning table?
Bill
'08 Cedar Creek 32TK, 35'9", 13,990#
'01 F-250,Lariat, 7.3L, SC, Auto, LB, JW Towmaster Tranny, 6.0L Tranny cooler, DP custom tunes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Auto Meter Gauges, Firestone Air Bags. '07 Headlights and Grille, Prodigy P-3.

rhingst
Explorer
Explorer
They don't need to rethink this, they just don't need to build it. It is a dumb idea for all the fore mentioned comments.
2008 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab Powerstroke SRW
2007 Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
No. I would not have a slide Stair connected door. I can just see it coming loose on the road. Does not look nice hannging from the side.
Someone or somebody's suggested the idea. Must have been quite a few Customers say they wanted to order it or Excel would not have made the unit?
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
Ugly!!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system