cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox 5th wheel

fishhogg
Explorer
Explorer
We have narrowed down our search to these two models. 29-5T or 32-5M does anybody here have one, and any thoughts. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
X 2 on the quality of the Arctic Fox. We have the 29-5K and find it to be perfect for what we do. We can travel in it and get into most forest service campgrounds.
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.

Ron_Nielson
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 29-5T and just love it, 2009 model. I find that with my long bed Silverado 2500, I can get into most natl forest spots, IF there is enough roadway in the approach. Wouldn't go any bigger for my purposes. Also, the 32-5M would require a dually in my opinion. My wife and I have lived in our trailer for 6 months at a time and it's big enough to do that without feeling crowded. But either model you choose will be great, just make sure you have plenty of truck.

And a must-have is dual pane windows. Lots people think they don't need them but they would be wrong. If you're going to spend time in a hot climate, make sure you have 2nd air conditioner. I love our onboard LPG generator, makes quick lunch stops very easy.

RayMc
Explorer
Explorer
fishhogg wrote:
We have narrowed down our search to these two models. 29-5T or 32-5M does anybody here have one, and any thoughts. Thanks

We don't either of those specific models, we are proud owners of 2013 27-5L, it is one solid unit. We did however convert to disc brakes and Sailun tires. As a side note, we went with the 27-5L for ease in tight parks and boondocking.
2016 Ford F350 SD 4x4 6.7L Diesel pulling 2013 Arctic Fox 275L FW

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
Another 27-5L owner. Bought ours used. It's lighter than the current models but still REALLY heavy for its length. I love the fact that everything is usable with slides in (aside from rear pantry and a lower cabinet).
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have the models you are looking at, but a 27-5L. Well built rig. Good luck in your decision!
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2014 AF 27-5L and the wife wanted the 29-5T but we lacked the tow rig for that much weight. Good choice for Alaska weatherโ€ฆ.. get the tank 110v and 12v heaters.
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Foxs are stoutly built from the frame up and therefore they are not a light weight rig.

Go over to the Northwood RV Owners Association Forum, it does cost $10 a year, but you can access most of it as a guest.

NROA Forum

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Are you planning the new rig with the same EcoBoost truck? I hope you have more than your F150 out front?
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Impkitti
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2012 29-5E.

The biggest reasons we purchased that model over the others available 5 years ago was the ability to access the fridge on a stop without putting out the slide and it would fit in our driveway.

It is hard to go wrong with a Northwoods.
Ellen

1 Retired Husband
2 Dogs
2 Cats
1 2008 F350SD Truck
1 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
2 Cars
1 House
Not Enough Time