cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attitude/Stellar 28***

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking at these models, from someone who has one of these models, what is the length of the Queen front bed ? It appears that there is more "walk around" space on these rigs compared to 2 others we looked at, just wondering if they went to an RV queen to get more space.

Thanks
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition
11 REPLIES 11

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
The tire issue is a good one, Julian has had 3 blowouts on his Stellar.

Yep, we were discussing that at Vikings, He was measuring my set up and it looks like He would gain about 100#'s per tire capacity and also have an 16" LT's
We have ruled out several rigs simply because they have 15" tires.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not an expert of GVWR but your right, 2-6K axles with 2K pin weight "should" give you a ~14K GVWR. I'm not sure what the limiting factor is in the 11,900lb GVWR rating from Eclipse but it doesn't appear to be the axles based on those numbers.

I would call the factory and ask them. Let us know what you find out...
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
Verndog wrote:
Its a lot bigger, but that's why I went with the Attitude 32IBG. Three axles and can handle my Ranger and big 4x4 quad, plus all the goods and liquids. Wife likes the front walk around bed to. She didn't like crawling into the sideways one.

28AK is a full queen walk around. You must be thinking of a different model.

To the OP I think you will be close but do-able. Might want to consider upgrading the factory ST tires to LT.

The first 2 mods will be batteries and LT tires, already planned on that.
My thinking (for what its worth) 2 ea 6K axels and 2K pin weight should come out somewhere around 14K. 2 other rigs we have looked at have those specs. Unless they use a lighter frame on the Attitude to save weight.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
The tire issue is a good one, Julian has had 3 blowouts on his Stellar.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Verndog wrote:
Its a lot bigger, but that's why I went with the Attitude 32IBG. Three axles and can handle my Ranger and big 4x4 quad, plus all the goods and liquids. Wife likes the front walk around bed to. She didn't like crawling into the sideways one.

28AK is a full queen walk around. You must be thinking of a different model.

To the OP I think you will be close but do-able. Might want to consider upgrading the factory ST tires to LT.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Verndog
Explorer
Explorer

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
If I need to change axels or add another axel, why not get something set up from the start ??
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

my996duc1
Explorer
Explorer
Add a third axle or upgrade the two.... according to the frame manufacture the entire thing is limited by the axle. That would give you a safety cushion on being near the weight limits.

I would talk directly to Sean at Lippert (in Rialto) or Chris at Eclipse. They helped me when I was setting mine up to haul my old Suzuki Samurai inside.

_
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 354MBS
2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Next question,
Looking at the specs, with our Rhino and my DS bike
Tank full of water, a couple of batteries and full propane tanks, looks like I would be at or near the GVWR of the trailer.
Who has the same rig and what are you hauling in it.
The listed GVWR is 11,900 with 2 6K axels and ~2K pin weight.
The dry weight of the unit we looked at was right at 9K
We were pretty much set on one, but know having second thoughts.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, just thought about that after we got home.
#1 choice by far. Being over 6" that is a major concern.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

my996duc1
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:
Been looking at these models, from someone who has one of these models, what is the length of the Queen front bed ? It appears that there is more "walk around" space on these rigs compared to 2 others we looked at, just wondering if they went to an RV queen to get more space.

Thanks

Our queen bed took normal queen sheets and one of the points being made by the salesman was that it was NOT a RV Queen. Ours was a 2012 model.

Also if you have questions about the Attitude/Stellar line I wouldn't hesitate to call the factory. Great people to talk to and were always super helpful when I contacted them (numerous times).

_
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 354MBS
2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara