cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AWNING REPLACEMENT.

TWO_4_THE_ROAD
Explorer
Explorer
Greeting: I'm trying to locate where I can get my 5er's awning replace. I just need the fabric not the entire mechanism. I know at Camping world you can get the whole thing, but there's nothing wrong with the supports, etc. I live in the Los Angeles area.
thanks
07 Forestriver Flagstaff 8528GTSS, 07 Chev,2500hd, D/A, , 2000 Mitsubisi Eclipse. ,DW Kathy,DD Maggie
18 REPLIES 18

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I bumped a pole and took out the rear mechanism on my travel trailer. Looks like just need some support by a 2 x10 cut to the proper height to hold the roller at the proper elevation in support while replacing the parts or assembly on the rear.

Any suggestions who does this kind of work or where I can just order the parts?

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Just a FYI- Your awning is measured from the centerline of back mount to the centerline of the front mount (or center of arms) They will make the adjustment for length of fabric. Just helped a neighbor do this task. Good Luck.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

F350460gas
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the Riverside area and have used ShadePro a couple of times. They are based in the San Diego area and frequent the RV parks. Ron is an expert installer.

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to take a trip down to San Diego and stay in either Chula Vista RV Resort or Santee Lakes RV park. Check out Doug's Mobile Awning they are great guys, good prices and service. Have used them to repair both of my RV's awnings.
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

Bob91040
Explorer
Explorer
Most people I know use Shade Pro. They even spend the winter in Quartzsite AZ installing awnings. They come to you, and they seem to have the best prices.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV dealer can replace the fabric for you.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
American Rv Company in Azusa has good prices and free shipping. Might want to call and see if they will install it too.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Camping sells just the fabric and installation is $39 for C.W. members this year. Can't beat that.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the fabric myself with a little help from DW. See this thread for pictures.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want to do it yourself there a few YOUTUBE VIDIEOS on how it is done.

I had just my fabric replaced at Camping World La Mirada and they did a great job.

I had a friend use This Place for some work, he seemed to like it. Maybe give them a call. It is in the Inland Empire and may be closer to you.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I've ordered other items from PPL.

A wind storm came up and ripped our 20 year old awning fabric. We ended up having to replace the entire awning due to 20 years of wear plus a broken main spring. Otherwise I would have ordered the fabric from PPL and then install it myself.

Shade Pro as well as another awning truck (I thinks Dave's) drive through the RV Resort. We used Dave's (?) due to the price...very good price.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
TWO 4 THE ROAD wrote:
Thanks The Bear II:
Question: When you were at Chula vista, did PPL actually come to the site and install the awning there? I live just east of LA, so it's not that far to travel for a new awning, besides, I love the SD area.
thanks in advance

This was probably done by Shade Pro They came to my house in Anaheim and replaced mine.

I have seem them in Chula Vista RV Resort in Chula Vista
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

parkdep
Explorer
Explorer