cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

back up camera

darr
Explorer
Explorer
Where on your truck would you install a back up camera so you can line up with the fifth wheel hitch to hook up? Pictures if you have any please.
10 REPLIES 10

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
michigancougar wrote:
I just bought a truck with the camera in the third brake light - now I wish I had the one in the tailgate instead. I still look out of the back window to hitch the 5er and can't see anything behind the tailgate lie close vehicles with the one so high. IMHO

I did too. Had the camera installed in the tailgate as well as an add on. dealer included it in the price of the truck. If you don't have an RV GPS, look into the Garmin RV760lmt. It has wireless camera capability. You can buy a package deal GPS and Camera for less than 450.00. My tailgate camera can actually be hooked to the RV760lmt.
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
hanzfranz60 wrote:
I posted this on my website and use this with my Freightliner truck and 40' 5th wheel. It works great! Get it first time every time! http://yourfulltimervliving.com/product-reviews/wireless-camera-backup-system-this-handy-device-has-many-uses

I have used one of these for a few years now, I also use to to pull up onto the leveling blocks if I set up the camper alone, I just put the blocks in front of tires and put camera a few feet out on the ground and drive up on blocks.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
Don't most trucks have a backseat these days? I can't see anything in the bed of mine, except the top of the tool box lid.

I have a quad cab Dodge and can see out the back window into the bed just fine.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

hanzfranz60
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this on my website and use this with my Freightliner truck and 40' 5th wheel. It works great! Get it first time every time! http://yourfulltimervliving.com/product-reviews/wireless-camera-backup-system-this-handy-device-has-many-uses

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Come On guys, give up on the toys. If you can't back your truck and hit it on the very first try: then sell everything and buy a condo:(
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
It would be nice to have a camera on both the tailgate & at the top of the cab. I've got a camera on the back of my Accord & I can reliably get within about 1/4" of an object while backing up. It's great for parallel parking.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I have a camera on the tailgate but is not much help as as I back the truck I am forced to drop the tailgate. So, unless you put one on the top of the rear window, I do not where else it would work, for me is more important to have one on the back of the fifth wheel, which I have set up to be on whenever I want. It is very helpful when going through cities and backing up the fifth wheel. Good luck.

michigancougar
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a truck with the camera in the third brake light - now I wish I had the one in the tailgate instead. I still look out of the back window to hitch the 5er and can't see anything behind the tailgate lie close vehicles with the one so high. IMHO
2014 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
Pullrite Superglide mounted on Reese picture frame to factory ram pucks
one wonderful traveling companion - my wife

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Don't most trucks have a backseat these days? I can't see anything in the bed of mine, except the top of the tool box lid.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
You can't see out the back window of the truck? I can hook mine up with the hitch, breakaway cable, and power cord in about a minute. No camera needed.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS