Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GCWR vs GVWR question

I know the weight topic has been beat to death on this forum, but I may have just come to a realization and after searching, I can't find the answer to my question. The weight capacities of my TV and 5th wheel are below. So here it goes.From what I...

Baby Safety Gate for Stairs

Our Son was born last Summer and we expect him to be walking sometime during the upcoming camping season. Has anyone installed a baby safety gate on the stairs of their fifth wheel?

Dexter EasyLube Axle --- Remove/Reinstall Hubs

How difficult is it to remove the hubs from a Dexter EasyLube axle? I'm the guy who galled the lug bolts and am contemplating whether to attempt replacing the lug bolts myself.People have pretty well convinced me the replacement of the bolts is not ...

HDMI cable through the ceiling of a Weekend Warrior

Here we go again with another update project.My unit is a 2005 Weekend Warrior with a main TV and a front bedroom TV. The whole unit was wired using coaxial cable running up from the main TV connector on the curb side wall, through the ceiling, and d...

New member / Fifth Wheel Owner

Hello everyone. I'm finally joining the forum because today DW and I purchased a 2012 Forest River Sierra 345RET. It's a brand new unit on clearance and we got an incredible deal. I've searched the site a few times while researching for a 5th and I'm...

LvOpnRd by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Is 34'-7" Too Long for Parks?

My wife and I are starting to look at trailers to get into RV’ing. Her folks had a TT and they camped every summer and many of the longer school breaks when she was growing up. They continued the tradition with grandkids until my kids were almost adu...

Sport45 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Long Winter

This has been one long cold Winter, and it doesn't want to end. We are hoping our kids will be out of school in time for our trip to Myrtle Beach the second week in June. Our local schools have missed more this year for snow than the previous 3 years...

glazier by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

A bad day

Pulled into the campground today. When we were doing so this happened. Guy said when he was setting up on his site, he noticed the trailer was tilted. Tried to put truck back under when it fell. Fortunately, most of the damage is to the tailgate and ...

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Decisions...

ok, so we've looked at a few different used 5th wheel trailers and the wife is getting close and wants me to put an offer in on one of the following:2008 Wildcat 312QBBS - everything is in great shape from what i can tell top to bottom with the excep...

Daytona

I am heading as soon as the weather clears. Anyone else going?

LowRyter by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Cummins Onan 5500 Generator

FACTS:2014 Toy Hauler purchased in August 2013Camped with no issues through SeptemberRan generator for 30 minutes in OctoberRan generator for 30 minutes in NovemberI went out today to run it again today. (I planned to run it monthly for 30 minutes) ...