Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electric awning deletion

Has anyone found a FW model they like, that comes standard with an electric awning, and asked the manufacturer if it can be deleted in favor of a manual awning?Lyle

laknox by Nomad
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

M-Tec Frame

Anybody know anything about M-tec frames. This new rig we purchased has one and it is amazingly beefy.

tsetsaf by Explorer III
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

T.V. Install on wall

For those who installed a T.V. On the wall of your trailer. I am planning to install a 32" TV on the wall of my toy hauler. What is the best way to do this? I do not plan to tow with the tv hanging. My trailer in an 06 fleetwood gearbox toy haule...

Slide topper tensioning

I'm looking for some instruction on tightening up one of my slide toppers. It has loosened up a bit and will pool some during a rain. I just need to take out the slack on it, but have not found anything on youtube for DIYs. Thanks for your assistance...

4bearhug by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Rockin' in place

We've been parked in our 07 Cameo 5'er for the winter in southern Calif. Our rig has 4 jacks under it for stability that really don't work well. Anyone have ideas on how to eliminate the little bit of bounciness that persists? The jacks are small ...

Kitchen slide issues

We have a 2014 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot that we picked up in late August 2013. We had several minor issues that have all been taken care of.One issue that remains is with the kitchen slide. When the slide is extended and it gets to the point to low...

1996 Sandpiper

I am planning to purchase a 1994 21 ft Sandpiper 5th wheel. It seems to be in good shape but I called my insurance company to insure it for travel. They said they do not insure 20 year old campers. Is it a bad idea to buy this? I'm on my own & w...

2WD vs 4WD

Every so often I get to wondering what my 2006 Chevy might be worth, not that there is any reason to sell it, so I go hunting around online.I must have a very rare one because 2WD crewcab longbox duallys are tough to find. If you live in snow country...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Need tires Wheel size 6x16

Trying to buy new tires for my 2011 Laredo 295 RK. I'd rather buy LT Tires. But, when I try to find tires that match the diameter of my existing ST tires (30.6) I find that they seem to require a 6.5" x 16" rim.Mine are only 6 x 16. 1)Can I stretc...

SANIBEL OWNERS

WE JUST SOLD OUR 2014 ALPINE 3600RS BECAUSE OF WARRANTY ISSUES AND DECIDED TO GET A 2014 SANIBEL 3551. WE PICK UP THE NEW SANIBEL AROUND THE 15TH OF THIS MONTH. I WOULD APPRECIATE SANIBEL OWNERS LETTING US KNOW HOW THEY LIKE THEIR SANIBELS.

Air hitch vs Air Pin Box

I'm new to the RV world so I've got a 5th wheel on order and I'm also getting a truck (long bed) and need a hitch.I figure if I'm going to be buying a hitch, I should consider all options.In researching hitches and pin boxes to death, I've come down ...

kohai by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel or Class A

I know there have been a million posts about this subject. I am looking at retirement in a few years and want to full time. Never have owned an RV, but want the freedom to move about when I want. I am not wanting to travel on a full time basis, bu...

2004 Sunnybrook 31

Hello everybody, this is my first post so bare with me. I tried to look for a topic but couldn't find it, and it's probably asked many times before.... Just couldn't find the right search string.2004 Sunnybrook 31WKSHere's the scenario, I've been loo...

Dual pivot vs Single pivot Fifth wheel Hitch

Hello, I have a newbie question. I am a commercial truck driver who has just moved from a truck camper to a small fifth wheel trailer. I have a Dakota and I will be towing a single axle Travelaire. My question is single pivot vs dual pivot, and what ...

Templar1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes