Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How to fix molding in trailer....

After our first three trips with our brand new trailer we have noticed some molding that has come loose. Some pieces look like they are held in with finishing nails and they other by the entry door doesn't have show what it was held on with. What do ...

5er707 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Fifth Wheel Pricing Question...

Thinking about upgrading to a new fifth wheel before mine gets any closer to the 10 year mark. Most dealers list the MSRP with a line thru it and then their sale price. For example: 2013 Keystone 3750FL, MSRP $77,000.00 and their sale price is $56,00...

Where to find handles ?

I would like to replace the handles on a few of my outdoor compartment door that are rusting out. I looked on Camping World and did not see any. Can someone recommend a site to order them ? I have a 1997 Prowler 21L5BThanks

Bigmoss by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Other 5ers w/ same type of floorplan

Are there other 5ers w/ the same kind of floorplan as the Sandpiper 355ROK where the 2 chairs are on streetside slide, table/chairs/ent center on curbslide and couch on the rear? I did a quick gander at other FR lines and didn't see anything. Same w/...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a mini fridge to reduce fire hazards

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone uses a mini fridge in their RV...? I'm thinking about using one as an alternative to the Norcold fridge in our 97 jayco eagle because of the recalls involving fire hazards. Is the fridge still a ticking time b...

Delaware Seashore

We were thinking of travelling from Buffalo NY to Cape Hatteras, but are now intrigued by Delaware Seashore and possibly parking on an ocean site late Sept. Of course we would still need to stop half way for a night or two. We welcome recommendation...

2013/2014 Voltage owners: has quality improved?

I'm targeting owners of new 2013-2014 Voltage TH to see if the seemingly plentiful issues the 2010-2012 owners complained about have improved.I'm looking at a 2014 Voltage 3200, but am leery now after reading some posts. (I know no RV is perfect, b...

Carbon Monoxide issue with new TH

So on our trip over the holdays, aside from our water issues(posted in another thread) we had the carbon monoxide alarm go off both nights!1st night we had the heater on (temp was in 20's), water heater on and then I turned on the generator (located ...

tulegit by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

Big mistake

A couple weeks ago we went camping and stayed at an RV park. As I backed into the campsite a branch from a tree scraped the top of the roof. It left an abrasive mark about 8 feet long. I went up on the roof after we got home and look closely at the ...

5th wheel bedroom slide

Saw a picture of a Crossroads Hill Country 5th wheel today and the bedroom slide protruded from the front cap. I have never seen this setup before. Model was HCD32RL. Kinda like the way it looked. However I was curious what others thought of the ...

Quality Slide out repair in California

We are starting to have floor substructure damage in our Bedroom slide out. It is a 2006 Monaco Medallion fifth wheel and they are no longer in business. Does anyone know of a quality slide out repair shop in the Sacramento CA area?

Trashed my New Ladder

Bent the heck out of my ladder on my brand new 2014 Montana Mountaineer. No damage to Fiver structure thankfully. Are they fairly easy to replace or should I have my dealer rape me for $500 (guessing) to replace it?? Where does one by a new ladder???...

jayhardy by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas mileage comparison between towing TT and 5'er?

We had started out looking at 25' TTs but then went to 5'ers,A. Because we like to have decent kitchen counter space, especially since we will be living in it for about 6 months while we remodel our house and also another 6 months in CA to see if we...

Tire question

Don't want to start a whole rehash of tire problems. Saw a post about XPS ribs and some other tire made like them, can't remember the name. They were the same size as the RIBS- 235/85/16. Think the name started with an S. Now I CAN'T FIND THE POST, A...