Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Leak on the back window

I got two window in the back of the trailer which leak when rain.The water come from the glass not the frame.How can I fix that?

buc1980 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need airbags on my Tahoe

First of all I'd like to thank you guys for the excellent advice I've received as a new (to me) camper owner.My hybrid toy hauler with an internal seperate garage instead of the normal external deck in front of the camper weighs about 5600 MT and pro...

Fifth Wheel Weight and a Truck

We currently have a Class C but have started thinking about a fifth wheel as a possibility for our next rv.My question is about fifth wheels and trucks needed to pull them.I am looking at two different fifth wheels. One has: a maximum GVWR of 15,000 ...

New to Me Jayco

A week ago I picked up a 04 Jayco Jayflight 25.5. Its in pretty good shape, plastic is still on the floor from the factory. I'm "full timing" in it for working out of town. Its a little small, as in I can't shut the bathroom door when I need to use...

Truck squat?

Just curious of how much squat you have for those of you that have a Chevy/GMC 2500HD with WD bars installed?I'm going to reset my hitch to the new truck and just want to get a idea of what the average squat is for this truck. Thanks.

Road King TowMaster STR tires on Alpine 5th Wheel

We purchased a Keystone Alpine 5er in January of 12. At about 8400 miles, we blew a tire. I thought that I had hit something on the road, but with a blow out, who knows. About 300 miles later, the other wheel on that side blew, again, no reason why. ...

Hot brake drum

One of my brake drums (shoe and drum type) gets much hotter than the other 3 drums.....why is thus? What temp is too hot? Thks

Albertr by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer switch hookup for champion generator

Have an 04 Carriage Cameo that is wired for a Onan Generator. In the front basement is an ESCO Safe Guard ES30 Transfer Switch also wired and the generator plug in wiring harness for the Onan. What would I need to be able to hook up my Champion 400...

daytona7 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How to determine torque on trailer lug nuts

I have heavy duty Alcoa forged wheels now on my fifth wheel with g rated Goodyear tires. The original steel rims wouldn't hold up. What determines proper torque? Is it the lug and nut which hasn't changed or the aluminum wheel which has? How do I kn...

Drier Hose recconnection

My drier hose dropped off and what tricks have people used to prevent this happening. It has a standard hose clamp. The washer-drier is a Splendide 2100 mount in the nose closet so working space is ???? Thanks

ocbms by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel Fell Off... It fell the hell off!

Headed out of town on vacation and in my side mirror I notice the wheel on driver side front axle of my Toy Hauler is sticking out about 5 or 6 inches beyond the fender! I immediatly pull over and find the wheel has slid off the spindle past the cast...

Pack a Mini Cooper in a Toy Hauler?

We're wanting to take our Mini with us as we road trip across America with our kids. Since the hubby will be working and using the truck, the kids and I need a car to zip around and explore. We don't want to add length to the rig so thought we'd just...

Rig turn around time

Howdy allSince we took the dive for a new 5iver it seems easier to get going.I type this because seemingly less time is spent making preparations to hitch and roll.Maybe the type of outing has a bit to do with the shorter "turn around"We really don't...

Heat from the windows

I have dark tinted windows on our Sandpiper 5th wheel, but the sun and heat still do a job and the a/c's seem to run overtime compared to our stay put home. Right now I have redneck curtains on the windows (foil and that foil covered styrofoam insul...

Riding etiquette

From the SD ATV/UTV AssociationThe majority follow these guidelines, but is always good to be reminded of them every once in awhile. If nothing else, please remember just one thing in this article, "As ATV/UTV riders we always need to make sure we go...