Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

rubber roof wrinkles

The most recent saga with our Cougar---wrinkles in the roofing material! We left Lodi bound for Morro Bay, with valley temps about 95 degrees. When we arrived in Morro, I climbed up on the roof to find wrinkles in the rubber material towards the fron...

Another Air Conditioner Question

The air diverter panel in my Coleman Air Conditioner keeps falling over and blocking the return air side of the unit. Does that thing need to be free in there or can it be attached with tape or something to keep it from falling over during travel? ...

Bayley by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Rock Guard

We are getting a 5r and would like your thoughts on the best rock guard to protect it. Driving a Sierra 3500 with a 2 1/2 inch receiver. The guards need to fit the receiver. Thanks in advance.

Our spring break trip to the central coast

Spent a week on the central coast. Our first stop was suppose to be Jalama beach but Vandenberg decided to launch something in the middle of our scheduled dates so we cancelled that out. We were all looking forward to jalama beach too! on to the ne...

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking at the Jayco Talon 313T - Bought It

(Note: weight and truck police welcome)Made a big mistake and to the RV show last weekend with the DW. Going in we agreed that we are not buying anything except maybe a new chair since hers broke last year. Didn’t see much in toy haulers but then c...

ugeesta by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Hauling a Gold Wing in Toy Hauler

I just bought my 40 ft Toy Hauler and plan to take my 2003 Honda Goldwing 1800 with me. It weighs about 1000 lbs.The Toy Hauler has tie downs mounted in the floor and I am concerned that is not enough to hold the Gold Wing in place as I travel. Any...

WingToy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot find electrical input on 97 Wildwood

Firstly, I'm completely new to travel trailers. I'm trying to locate where I would plug in an external 110v power cord. In the compartment under the 5th wheel hitch there are two batteries and a charger. On the side of the trailer that is to the righ...

BHD108 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sewer Hose Support

Does anyone remember seeing in trailer life back in the 80's on how to make a sewer hose support using pvc pipe? I made one back in the day but can't remember how it was made.I had me axles flipped after buying a 4x4 truck.Now my sewer is 18 inches o...

Skylight Leaking

Noticed when I hooked the 5th wheel up there was dried dirty water spot in shower. dollars sized and when I looked up there was same dirty spots on lower metal rim inside trim piece of skylight.I got on the roof and dicor is great, but skylight has s...

Jayco octane t30f owners??

Hey gang,I am probably pulling the trigger on a new 2018 jayco octane t30f and I am looking for thoughts from other owners of this model, or another big octane model (aluminum frame w fiberglass skin). I have been in the unit, walked on it, crawled u...

Pzilly by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Tank Flush

O.K. Last question for a while. The maiden voyage in our new Cougar 30RLS went great.. Other than all the Ticks.. Fridge was cold, Water heater works, A/C was cold, couldn't have been happier. Then we went to leave. I hooked up the hose to the blac...

Tick Control

I'm not sure which forum to ask this question so I apologize if this is the wrong place. This weekend we have seen more Ticks than ever. I am wondering what people do if anything to treat their campsite to protect against Ticks so you may enjoy the o...

Memorial weekend trip

This Memorial weekend we setup camp at Cuddeback Dry Lake in the Mojave Desert.Road trip pic Our view Camp setup with Mpoulsen aka Hotel California.We made our first run up RM34 looking for the old military landing strip. By the way the old military ...

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Very Disappointed with New Keystone Alpine

We just purchased a 2018 Alpine 3400RS. We custom ordered it as we wanted full body paint, a generator, and dual-pane windows. I took delivery two weeks ago.This is my fifth RV so I am no stranger to the issues one encounters with a new RV. Unfortuna...