Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Grand Design Tire Options

A friend has a GD 388. They're already considering a trade to a new 395. He's been looking online at Tennessee RV. I notice in their specs that all their Momentums seem to have G614 tires. Does anyone know if this is a new GD standard, an option, or ...

New 5th wheel doesn't tow well

I just bought a brand new Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK. Unloaded weight is 9635 lbs, max loaded is 11950 lbs. Dry hitch weight is 1795. Optional 16" wheels with Goodyear tires.My TV is a stock 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.5' bed, crew cab, 4x4, Duramax diese...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 81 replies
  • 0 likes

Black or Grey Tank Dump Valves?????

We recently bought this '05 Outback 28FRLS 5th wheel and were doing a orientation walk thru with the salesman when I asked where the dump valves were. On our past trailers they were always very near where the sewer hose hooked up but are no where to...

How tall is my rig

Have 2001 cardinalNo paperwork on specs.Would like to know how you get an accurate hight of trailerIs using just a tape measure accurate enough, or do some truck stops have something

Is our truck sufficient

We are new to camping. We purchased a 39.5 foot fifth wheel last fall. We also bought a brand new Ford 250 Super Duty Diesel. Now we are hearing conflicting advice on weather or not our truck is sufficient to pull the rig. Any advice? Everything we r...

Swit9 by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

standard or low profile?

I planning on having a bedroom A/C unit install in the fall to deal with the Texas heat next winter. I going to look at the RV surplus stores in Indiana for one but I'm getting different opinions to get a standard unit or a low profile. I seen either...

mike54 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane quick change

I want to install a quick change on my propane line so I can connect my BBQ.. I have removed the regulator on the BBQ so I want to install quick change on line from propane tank. Where have you folks installed it?

Jhurk by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Legs up/ Legs down?

For a one night stop can you leave your 5th connected and all legs up? Just disconnect the power cable to the truck and call it a night?Thanks,Jim

Jim102 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

I want Goodyear Marathons but......

They don't have D rated 8 ply tires for my tire size, ST205/75R15. Do I....A. Go with a different brand, if so, what?B. Move up to the ST 225/75R15s which do come in a Goodyear Marathon? Will they fit on my same rims?Help please!ETA: I have a Carso...

We went camping!!

Ahhhh finally got out again. I enjoy Morro bay. I wanted to stay a week but I booked a lil to late on reserve America so we only got two days. Passing through SLOMorro bay state park - site #30 recommend this site. It's a corner sport no neighbors in...

eDUBz by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Input Requested for help with a toy hauler

I have a Ram 2500 HD with a 6.4 Hemi and 4:11 rear. It is rated at 15600 lbs for max hauling. Any ideas on any makes or models of 5th wheeler toy haulers I can haul? I have a HDTrike I want to haul too. Thanks!