Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trading trucks and bed clearance.

Looking to trade my 2004 F250 with 16 inch tires for a 2011 F250 with 18 inch tires. My question is now I have about 3-4 inches of clearance between trailer and bed, how will this affect that, am I going to have a clearance problem. I know there are ...

DannyA by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Carson Fun Runner Extreme

Does anyone know if these are wood or aluminum frames? Their site does not mention the construction at all (or I could not find it). Also, what do they look like on the interior? No interior pics on their site!Thanks,Del

Pull Down Bed Weight Limit

Question:I have a 2002 Thor Tahoe Transport 33' 5th wheel and can't for the life of me find out the wight limit on the rear pull down queen bed. Any help is good help. I've seen posts ranging any where from 350lbs to 500lbs, but not specific to my tr...

Fifth wheel safety chains?

I purchased an Anderson fifth wheel hitch system that has a large ball that connects to an adaptor on the trailer king pin. There are several systems coming out that are similar in design.A friend just bought a new fifth wheel trailer with the same h...

What would you do??

Lets say you made a mistake a year ago and purchased a bumper pull toyhauler that fit your bill and you actually liked. Now fast forward a year later, its been back to the factory for their half ***** attempt to fix and appease you and get you past ...

KZ vs Jayco

I've been looking at new trailers for quite a while now. Almost pulled the trigger on a Eagle but backed out. Looking to retire at the end of the year so hoping to do a lot of camping. I've owned two Jaycos and have been happy with them.Now I'm looki...

2naEagle by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese Goose Box Actual Dimensions

In my ongoing saga to level my trailer tow with my current TV, I've hit a roadblock and actually gone backwards. I installed the Equa-Flex equalizers (tall size) and while they actually are taller than the factory equalizer (EQ310), the trailer actu...

WTP-GC by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 Keystone Sprinter 298FWRLS

We have an option on this 5th wheel. Are there any owners on the forums that own this model and what are your good bad ugly points? We're looking for RL, the three slides and nothing bigger. It's not perfect for us but close.

Electrical connection between TV and 5th wheel

Our TV is a 2000 f-250 SRW diesel that we bought back in 2008 as a theft recovery on eBay. It was setup for a gooseneck trailer and there was a wiring bundle in the bed that was cutoff previously, also in the cab is a simple electric brake controller...

Slide out woes

Have a 2002 King of the Road Royalite. The rear living room/kitchen slide out uses these 1/8" thick by 2" wide by 39" long vinyl strips along both bottom corners to slide in and out over the floor of the trailer. The rear strip role apart, and I'm h...

Multiple questions

Looking at possibly a new 5er next spring, but am pondering.........1. Dual pane windows. How much extra weight do they add?2. Currently have a Reese 16k hitch. New 5er has gross wt of 16k. Upgrade hitch to higher capacity? Curt, B&W?3. If wood place...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving Trailer Unattended on a Piece of Property

I primarily use my 5th wheel for weekend getaways and it seems like we often go to the same place which is a coastal town about 2 hours away. On somewhat of a whim I started to look at pieces or property and was surprised at how affordable they are....

mtofell1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Toy Hauler Cleaning Tips

I have been cleaning our hauler this weekend, ours is aluminum sides, with aluminum diamond plate skirts, including rock panel in the front. I bought Diamond Brite polish at Lowe's, and buffed it out with my orbital buffer, easy and came out great. S...

Strabo by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

FW Antenna rubbing holes in rubber roof

The antenna is rubbing holes in the rubber roof of our Fifth Wheel. I talked to the manufacturer of the antenna and apparently there should have been wedges installed due to the slope of the roof. They suggested we either re-install with the wedges o...

Packing

How do you keep all of the things in the cabinets from shifting, banging and getting broken. Hubby says we should pack things in boxes and then unpack when we get there but I have seen plastic rails for cabinets and dish holder things that might wor...