Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Holes in Pinbox

In the image below there are a pair of holes on top of the pin box towards the front of the unit. Do they serve a purpose? I'd like to plug them as they let water in and rusty water is starting to run out onto the hitch and truck bed.

Padlin by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Toilet Seal Troubles

My sealand toilet no longer holds water in the bowl. I have cleaned the seal area as best I can. Anything else I can do before rebuilding the toilet? How big a job is that to do? Thanks

Fiver battery advice

The battery in my fifth wheel is over four years old. Should I consider replacing it based on its age? It has been used almost constantly during this time.Thanks,Jim

usnret by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

landing gears

I have a 2008 montanna 5th wheel. The front landing jacks always pops a fuse. I am always replacing it with a 30 amp, I noticed that the motor is very lose when it goes up or down. Any help on what it could be. Also my water heater works fine on prop...

marv54 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

planning for fifth-wheel- full timer

Sold my class A diesel pusher a couple years ago and looking to get back to the RV life. Im am looking for input from your experience in fivers and tow vehicles on towing and toe capacity. looking towards a ford for the tow vehicle. What length fift...

goodyear tires

I have a 2013 montana second owner about 2500 miles had tire blow 3k damage goodyear tires looking for tires

electric fireplace

We were wondering if anybody has added and electric fireplace. We have a spot right under the tv that should be ideal, but wonder about the heat issue plus wiring. We have only a 30 amp service so we would need to be careful when using it say in the ...

sele by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

tv reception and led lights

I changed all of my incandescent lights to led. Now when I turn on a light my tv picture disappears. It doesn't seem to matter which light, they all do it. Turn off the light and the picture comes back. I am using a Winegard over the air antenna. ...

Truck tires

I need new tires on my vehicle. 2007 Chevrolet HD2500 4x4. My 5th wheel has a 10,600 dry weight and max 15,500.What are the best tires for towing this site 5er?P.S. I only use it 2 or 3 times a year.

RV jargon

Just saw the term "mid-profile coach" used to describe a 5th wheel. What does that mean?

Voltage slides

I know there were issues with the slides when the Voltage first came out. It seems like many of these were related to large slide outs, maybe larger than the Schwintek system is capable of handling.I haven't read much lately on issues specific to the...

Mesteve by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes